Chapter 2: The Magic School

Upon arriving at the library, Raina found Sabrina waiting for her.

"Sorry for making you wait for so long!" She called out to her.

"It's fine." Sabrina smiled, "I only just arrived too. Come on! You want to study together?"

"Sure!" She replied with an energetic nod.

Sabrina giggled, "You seem happier today. Did something good happen?"

"Yeah!" she smiled, "I'll tell you about it later."

Raina then found a table and pulled out her books just as the fairytale book fell out. Sabrina picked up the book for her with a raised brow, "I've never seen a book like that before. A little fancy for the title."

Raina nodded, "You can tell?"

"My parents are some masters of some large libraries back in our home town." she replied with a confused frown, "I've seen their work before, so I know just how valuable a book is. Not many would go for silver letters on the cover with a picture or more and that ornament looks expensive..."

Trouble, Rain hummed, "I thought so. I've been trying to find Fay so I could return it to him, but I haven't come across him for the whole day. Alicia and her friends haven't seen him either."

"I see..." her roommate raised a brow, "The book looks really interesting, though."

"It does." Rain replied, "It talks about legends of dragons, but then they disappeared in the story."

"They disappeared?" Sabrina frowned, "That's really weird. Dragons don't just disappear."

"I know, right?" she nodded, "So, I wonder why the legends says it like that? It sounds so sad..."

"Do you know the author?"

Raina shook her head, "I couldn't read it."

"That's weird." Sabrina tilted her head in confusion, "Well, let's take a look at it together later. First, we should finish studying."

"Right!" Raina smiled and began to open her assigned reading.

They worked till it was closing time and left for the dining hall for dinner.

"That was good." Raina smiled wide as she picked up her good.

Sabrina giggled with a nod, "Want to head back to the room? We can take a look at that book you got."

"Okay." Raina nodded with a wide smile till she noticed the sounds of shouts and looked up, "What's going on?"

"It sounds like a fight." Sabrina noted with a frown.

It wasn't just shouts. It seems that the entire area grew tense which made her worry more. She frowned, "I'll go check what's going on."

"But, what if it is a fight? It's dangerous to intervene in a fight." Sabrina responded with a frown.

"I'm not planning to either." Raina replied with a frown, "But everybody doesn't like it anymore than we do. I'll be careful."

Despite her cheerful demeanor, the commotion seemed to have shook Sabrina which didn't sit well with Raina seeing her friend so shaken with worry.

"I'll see you back in the dorm room, okay?" Raina replied with a smile.

Sabrina was clearly nervous, but she finally nodded her head though reluctant. Raina then hurried after the shouts by herself when she heard a screech. Her eyes widen in surprise as she rushed faster to the Main Hall. It was there that she saw two people ducking for cover as some number of eagles flew into the Main Hall. She was shocked to see so many birds in one place, but horrified the moment she saw them diving for the students one at a time. She thought fast and quickly rushed to the two students.