"So spill the gossip. Why are we taking the long way?" Giran asked, sparing no time to get into the details.

"The League wants me to stretch finding someone as long as possible. They're hoping T-" she  stopped and cleared her throat; "Shigaraki, would either change his mind or get bored."

Giran exhaled slowly and hummed as he leaned back into his leather chair. "Not much of a plan," he replied.

"It's all they got," y/n responded.

"So ya plan to take the train? That's all ya got?" He asked before inhaling into his cigarette.

Y/n watched as the ash fell to his desk before answering. "I think I'm going to spend a few days away from The League and everything. I'd ask if you want to take a vacation and spend time with me, but I'm sure you're far too busy."

"Far too busy," he repeated in a more affirming tone. "This is why I decided not to start a family. I'm married to my job."

Giran snuffed out his cigarette and tossed it in his ashtray. "Either way, I think some time away from Shigaraki would do ya some good. He's not a good influence. Is that little crush still a thing? I really hope not."

"Shall we get going?" y/n asked abruptly, trying her best to ignore his question; "we can't have you falling behind schedule."

Y/n stood up immediately and began to push the filing cabinet further away from the door. Behind her, y/n heard Giran sigh. "Still do I see. Sweetie, we need to find ya somethin' better. I'm sure some of my associates have a few sons that would kill to have someone like ya."

"Yeah, I'm sure he'd kill them first," y/n silently uttered under her breath.

"What was that?" Giran asked.

"N-nothing," y/n stuttered. Giran paused for a moment as her quirk activated. The older villain shrugged it off and held the door open for her. Y/n felt her face heat up from embarrassment as she walked past the door frame.

Giran purchased everything from the moment he called the taxi. Y/n had been sure to take enough money with her, and she tried to tell Giran that she didn't need to pay for her. However, Giran was having none of it. 

Y/n sat down on the train next to Giran. The older villain pulled out a newspaper he had bought on the walk to the train and began to read. Y/n remembered that she also brought something to read. She sighed as she dug through the bag. 

Y/n grabbed something to read before she started packing clothes, so she knew her book was at the bottom of her bag. "Fuck! I said shut it!" a harsh voice yelled from the other side of the train. Y/n flinched, her bag nearly slipping from her fingers.

She glanced over to the source of the voice. A highschool boy with ashy blonde hair and sharp eyes was glaring at another boy wearing another similar uniform with red hair. The red-haired boy bowed his head and publicly apologized to everyone on the train for the outburst.

"UA kids," Giran mumbled, catching y/n's attention. She turned around and looked at Giran, who was still staring at the boys with a sharp glare. He looked down at y/n and turned back to his newspaper. Feeling a bit anxious being on the same train as hero hopefuls, y/n pulled out her book and began to read to keep her mind off of it.

Throughout the train ride, y/n listened in on the boys. She was sure Giran was doing the same. Y/n was eavesdropping out of curiosity; Giran was doing it because it was his job.

"They're the loud sort, aren't they?" Giran muttered quietly, in a light-hearted tone, still intently staring at the newspaper in his hand. The red-haired boy wasn't very loud, it was mostly the other one, and y/n was sure Giran was explicitly talking about that one. Y/n hummed in response. She tried to keep her eyes on the book, but in her peripherals, she held a close watch on the pair of students.