Hate

Tomura grumbled as he zipped up his jacket and lifted the hood over his head. Not wanting to be in the same room as Kurogiri, Tomura waited for y/n out in the now destroyed livingroom. He looked down at a small pile of ash at his feet and lightly kicked it. In the background, y/n's voice softly echoed throughout the house as she talked to Kurogiri.

The blue-haired villain listened to y/n speak, while stubbornly trying to ignore Kurogiri. "Tomura and I are going out for a little bit. I'm not sure actually, I was thinking about taking a walk in the nearest city if that's not too far away. No, we won't be gone for long, I'm sure you'll want to sleep soon. I'll call in an hour or two. Thank you so much." He didn't agree to go out for two hours. The blue-haired villain grumbled to himself, already hating that he was going anywhere.

A black fog lifted from the ground in front of Tomura. He shoved his hands in his pockets, and reluctantly walked through. He turned towards the darkened mist and waited for y/n.

A cold breeze brushed up against his face, and Tomura growled. He asked himself why he didn't tell y/n to take her Nomu with her in his place. It was far too cold outside for his liking; he'd prefer to be in bed. "I hate the cold."

Tomura heard y/n within the mist. She was thanking Kurogiri one last time for the shortcut to the city. Y/n stopped in front of Tomura, with a pleasant smile on her face. "Let's go."

Y/n stepped to his side as if to ask him to start walking. He turned and began to aimlessly wander straight ahead. Y/n's hands wrapped around his arms, linking the two together as they walked. Tomura had no idea where they were walking, but he hoped they would reach their destination soon.

Not a word was said between the two. The gentle wind running through the trees and rustling their leaves. The sound of the pair's steps on the concrete pathway as they unintentionally walked in unison seemed to be the only sounds either of them heard for a while. Tomura hoped that y/n's silence suggested that she wasn't having a good time. The sooner she got bored meant, the sooner he could go back to sleep.

"Kurogiri dropped us off a lot further than I thought he would," y/n finally said. "Sorry about that. I told him I wanted to be dropped off in a discrete spot, not the middle of nowhere."

"I guess," Tomura mumbled. He was too busy mentally beating himself up for agreeing to this in the first place. "So why am I here?"

Y/n hummed. "Well..." she paused; "I feel a lot safer with you here." Tomura didn't want to admit that he thought going out at this time all by herself would have been unsafe.

"I could have made you take your Nomu." Tomura glanced down towards y/n. He spotted a frown on her face as soon as the two passed under a streetlamp. His chest began to squeeze, causing him to look away. "What now?"

"It's also good to get some fresh air from time to time. You know, to clear your head." Y/n's voice sounded small and fragile.

Tomura didn't know what else to say. He was already not much of a talker as is, but this situation was another planet to him. No one has ever asked him to simply take a walk with them and enjoy each other's company before. Tomura wasn't sure if there were social pleasantries he was supposed to be aware of. Holding a conversation had to be one of them, but he didn't know how he could possibly add to their conversation. Once again, they began walking in silence.

He glanced up towards the sky and looked at the sky sparkle. He mentally damned the stars above. If not for them, Tomura would still be at home and in bed, possibly asleep. Up ahead, Tomura noticed the dim glow of the city lights. His eyes darted up to the sky again. He sighed quietly. The only reason why we're out here is because of those damn stars.