"You're welcome." He said softly.

There was silence for a few seconds then he cleared his throat.

"Dya wanna go out tomorrow?"

"Out?"

"Yeah, to dinner"

"Dinner?"

"Yeah, like a date."

"A date?"

"Is there an echo?" He chuckled.

"Sorry"

"So? Dinner?"

She closed her eyes, trying to think of what to say.

"Uh, I don't think so."

"Do you already have plans?"

"No, I"

There was silence.

"I don't think it would be a good idea."

"Ok" he said softly.

She wasn't sure what else to say.

"Ok, well. I'll see you Wednesday then."

"Wednesday?"

"Yeah, I'm taking Josh to the movie?"

"Oh right, I forgot."

"Ok, bye"

"Bye"

She hung up and fell back onto her bed. She did like Noel. She actually adored him, but she wasn't going to ruin anything for Josh. She hoped there would be no awkwardness around Noel now. Wednesday came and Noel picked Josh up. It wasn't really awkward at all and she was relieved.

A couple weeks later, Ashley's cousin was getting married. She put on her dress and did her makeup then went downstairs to wait for Ali, who was picking her and Josh up. She heard a knock on the door.

"Josh, are you ready?, Ali's here." She called as she went to answer the door. She was surprised to see Noel standing there. He was wearing a blue suit with a white shirt underneath. His eyes were hidden behind dark sunglasses. She thought he looked very sexy and found herself lost for words for a second.

"What are you doing here?" She finally managed to get out

He took off his sunglasses.

"Goin to a wedding. Ali invited me. She didn't tell you?"

"No, she didn't."

She noticed him looking her up and down.

"You look fuckin' gorgeous Ash."

"Thanks, you look quite handsome yourself."

He followed her inside and they stood waiting. Josh walked into the room grumbling.