Chapter 39: Resurgence

Start from the beginning

"I miss our elemental weapons..." Jay sighed shaking his head.

Nya burst into the room shutting the door behind her. She let out a deep sigh as they listened to her male students compliment her.
Pulling herself together she turned to the ninja. "Why is it that when I teach, I get the feeling that none of the boys are listening?" She ranted irritably.

"Huh? What did you say?" Kai teased only for the girl to shove his shoulder.

Someone's phone started to go off, playing a theme song played as the ringtone. Jay gasped when he pulled out his phone, realizing the call was for him.

"You're supposed to mute your phone during school" Cole criticized as Jay checked the number.

They watched the blue ninja's eyes widen, jumping to his feet as he almost dropped his pudding cup. His mouth widened as he looked to his ninja brothers "It's (Y/n)" he uttered immediately earning their undivided attention.

"She's calling after so long?" Kai asked as the ninja plus Nya ran to his side to listen in on this.

"I hope she's alright" Zane muttered with worry.

"Answer it before she's sent to voicemail" Nya urged the blue ninja as he accepted the call putting her on speaker.

The ninja stayed silent, holding their breaths as Jay spoke up "...Hello?"

"Hey Jay, it's been a while" she spoke with the same warmth in her voice. It was a pleasant surprise hearing her again.

"Yeah it has" The blue ninja let out a nervous chuckle "Where have you been?"

"I've been busy working in New Ninjago city for the most part" She replied "Are the others with you? Everyone doing well?"

"We're alright (Y/n)" Nya spoke up as the others greeted her over the call.

"Hey guys" She greeted the others before her voice faltered sighing "I'm sorry for leaving out of the blue like that..."

The group were surprised by the apology. Thinking back to when the girl disappeared suddenly right after the defeat of the Overlord. She wrote them a note explaining why she wanted to be on her own. 

One part of the note stuck out to them. It was how the ninja were the only people she's ever known since her memory loss, she wanted to explore the world and grow from new experiences. She didn't want to leave with a sad goodbye but instead a note saying 'I'll see you again.'

The ninja would have asked her to stay and maybe become a teacher with them. They didn't want her to break away just yet. Jay tried keeping in contact with her by texting. But the ninja grew busy with their jobs as teachers, schedules didn't line up and thus (Y/n) slowly drifted away.

"I want to apologize in person" (Y/n) spoke sincerely and they could hear the small pang of guilt she had for her actions.

"You can buy us dinner when we see you again" The earth ninja replied making her chuckle bringing that idea back up.

"Pick a place and I'll pay" she chuckled before informing them "So you guys are teachers now? Your field trip request at Borg Industries has been approved."

"Yes we are. Wait- how do you know about that?" Kai questioned.

"Borg Industries?!" Jay gasped enthusiastically that Zane had to hold his phone for him. The blue ninja ended up fist pumping the air in excitement.

"I work there and I pulled some strings" she replied hiding her amusement from hearing Jay's fangirling in the background. "Anyways, we can head over today if you'd like. I'll be your escort through New Ninjago City" she continued surprising her old friends.