He thought about waiting until the right time and tipping it over, but that would injure him more and slender Hazel. He could not afford that. Think! High-speed carriage, stolen by a refugee with nothing to lose. We will have to give him to stop this or at least slow it enough. He glanced over at Hazel who was pale. "Scream."

"What? No that would let him know we are here!"

"Exactly." Aiden palmed the dagger and told her to scream. Hazel, made uneasy by the dagger, screamed. Aiden flinched at the high pitch squeal. As she screamed he looked out of the window and studied the side of the carriage. He slid the window open and stuck his head slightly out of it and yelled. "I do not know who you are," he added desperation to his voice, "but my wife is in labor! Please, help us." Aiden stuck his head back in and grinned when he heard a swear. He after dinnertime did not feel the carriage slowing so he reopened the window. "Please Sir, help my wife! We are very wealthy." Aiden was shocked at how sincere he sounded. "We can reimburse you and slide you a place to stay, our home is a little far off. Take the carriage it doesn't matter, just please." Hazel, playing along, screamed louder in pseudo agony.

Aiden prepared he as he felt the carriage began to slow. He quickly opened the window and lodged the dagger into the side of the wheel until it popped off. The carriage tilted sideways and he fell over with Hazel as the carriage careened off of the path and lodged into a ditch. Aiden rubbed his injured shoulder, gained his balance, and kicked the door open and hopped out and helped Hazel out and looked around. He noticed the slightly injured horses and a man with a broken leg trying to crawl away. His eyes widened at the lavender robe.

Baldwin heard the sound of footsteps and turned hoping to get help from a stranger clenching his jaw to keep from screaming. "Hel--"

His throat was grabbed and he was lifted. He met furious hazel eyes and struggled after he recognized his attacker. Baldwin gripped Aiden's hands trying to pry them away from his neck. He soon gave up on that thought as he quickly ran out of air. He yanked at Aiden's hair and his eyes.

Aiden pulled back rubbing his eyes and stumbled when he felt a force against his shin. He glanced down at a gasping Baldwin who tried to crawl away. "Oh no you don't." He went to grab Baldwin when Hazel touched his shoulder to stop him.

"You can not just kill him Aiden. Capture him and let's get back to the castle so he can be tried."

"Can you drive a carriage?"

"No."

"Ride a horse?"

"Side saddle."

Aiden sighed and scratched his head in irritation. He glanced over at Baldwin, who crawled toward the path still gasping for breath. "How are we going to get him back?" He inclined his head toward Baldwin.

Hazel thought about it as Aiden went to capture Baldwin. Just as he bent to knock Baldwin out, he was kicked in the shin hard and hit by a large rock; he dropped the sword he was holding. "Son of a--" The sound of thundering hooves approaching startled them all.

"Help!" Baldwin yelled out. "Help me, I am being attacked!" The horsemen, having noticed the yelling, followed the sound. "Help me I am an innocent man being attacked!" Baldwin continued. Aiden went shut Baldwin up but instead focused on the approaching rider. He paused, readying his stance in case of danger.

A dust cloud kicked up and Baldwin continued to yell his innocence coughing. A sharp voice rang out silencing him, "I would not necessarily consider you innocent Baldwin." The cloud cleared and Isabella sat upon her horse, scorn in her eyes. Baldwin paled. "You tried and failed to kill me. You tried and once again failed to take my kingdom. Give me one good reason why I should not slice your neck and as watch your life fades from your eyes?"