Climax

Isabella paced her room angrily. She still could not believe what she had saw. Part of her prayed it was some misunderstanding, though her angry side wanted blood. Her armor clanked as she quickened her pace once again. She ran her fingers through her hair, feeling for the first time in her life; hurt. The feeling was foreign to her, she had felt physical pain before, but something was cutting her much deeper than any wound inflicted with a sword.

She pushed away the pain and focused on channeling it into anger.

Following a tense interrogation of an unsuspecting maid, she found that Aiden was last seen leaving the castle with Princess Myra. That, for some reason, only added to her anger but she mentally stored that away and charted it up to being angry that he was not present so that she could cut his lying, manipulative head off. After more time had passed, she paused her movements and walked toward doors that led out to a large balcony. She remembered teaching Young Troy techniques and a pang entered her heart at the thought of the lad being in on the plan to kill her and her father.

She opened the doors and exited the room onto the small balcony and was taken aback by how dark the sky had become. Thunder roared somewhere in the distance. She held her head up toward the sky and sighed. I've even picked up his habits. She shook her head still staring into the distance at the darkening horizon, lost in her own internal conflicts.

******

Aiden stared outside the carriage window at the darkened sky. A storm is approaching, he thought moodily. He sighed as Myra babbled next to him completely oblivious to his mood.

******

Isabella, tired of the castle, wanted to get some air. She put on some fur to guard against the wind and exited the castle. Just as she descended the steps a carriage rode into her path. Her eyebrow rose and then burrowed when out stepped Aiden and a blushing Myra.

After immediately releasing himself from Myra's grasp, Aiden, feeling a gaze on his person, turned and met the furious brown eyes of Isabella. His eyes automatically filled with anger. He abruptly left a gaping Myra and stalked over to Isabella.

He grabbed her arm, "We need to talk." She snatched her arm away from him as if his very touch burned her. She instead nodded in the direction of the Willow.

Aiden walked toward the Willow willing himself to remain calm and Isabella followed trying to tame her emotions.

"Aiden!" Myra called out, "What about dinner?" At his lack of response, she huffed and pushed pass the cowering footman stomping past her father up to her chamber. "Maids!" She yelled.

The Maids shuddered and hurried behind the angry princess, dreading the night ahead of them.

*****

"There something you want to tell me?" Aiden, reaching the base of the tree, turned to Isabella.

Isabella crossed her arms just as another blast of thunder sounded. "Anything you want to tell me?"

Aiden glared, "I am trying to give you a chance, just tell me! I already know."

Isabella wanted to know what he was referring to but was too blinded by her own fury to dwell on it. "Me a chance?! You cannot fathom the amount self control I have right now."

"Isabella do not test me." Aiden felt frustrated that she was keeping up the act. Her confession meant something to him. It would represent possible redemption...

Isabella stared. The gall of this man! I am not worried about him. Eric said not to kill government officials, he is making it rather difficult to keep that promise. She made a quick decision, turned and began to walk swiftly toward the castle.