O1 | He's All That

Começar do início

"Hey." I heard Nausheen call out to me as she kneeled down and held both my hands in hers.

"I know okay. I know it's gonna be tough. But... But it's time Beeba, it's time you face it. You can't back off now. Not at your wedding day." She smiled at me softly. "Mr. and Mrs. Hussain have done so much for you. It's time for payback."

As much as I wanted to deny it, I couldn't. It's true. It's true that Mom and Dad have done more than what my own family could ever do for me.

They were there for me when my own blood wasn't. They were there for me when no one else was. They saw the good in me when all others could ever see was a loser and a disgrace.

How could I be so selfish!? How did I even think of calling the wedding off!?

All they have ever been to me is sweet and caring they gave me their name for calling out loud they gave me a new life! And now when they want me to help them. I'm backing off!?

How could you Raqeeba! Stop being the selfish bitch!

"So you mean to say just because they adopted her she owns them her entire life!" J said clearly not happy at Ahmed's words.

"What she meant is what's the harm in giving it a try."

All eyes shifted at the source where the voice came from. Zoha walked in with the long white vail in her hand and Shareha and Tuba trailing behind her. I saw Tuba come closer to me with the mascara in her hand. She held my chin and made me look up as she applied the last stroke of it on my lashes and said.

"You say it like it's that simple. Does this look like a joke to you?"

"No, it doesn't. But I don't disagree with Nausheen. At least she needs to give this relationship a chance for once. What if it does work out." I heard Zo shoot back.

"How are you guys so sure it would work out? For calling out loud. This is her life we're talking about and not some daily soap!" Fenza or should I say Tuba exclaimed.

"Exactly! What if the guy is a psychopath! Like c'mon she doesn't even know him! All this marriage is about is just a stupid contract spoiling three lives!" J sided with her.

"I don't even get why we're having this conversation! Why at the WEDDING DAY!?" Zoha shouted

"Because we're not happy!" Juhi and Tuba said together.

"To hell with your happiness! What the heck do you guys want her to do!?" I could see the furious look on Ahmed's (Nausheen) face as she asked them pretty much very pissed.

"RUN!" Both of them said together.

The room was filled with a loud gasp as we saw Shareha with a frightened expression on her face and her hands on her chest.

"Oh my God! You guys are talking about her!?" She said pointing at me. "You want her to run away!?"

Now that ladies and gentlemen is the very first introduction of my 'girl gang'.

We have the optimists, the ones who always see the good in every situation. Ahmed (Nausheen) and Zo (Zoha).

The pessimists, the ones who look out for all the worst scenarios in any case and make you aware so that your bubble never bursts, coz you probably won't ever have one. J (Juhi) and Fenza (Tuba).

And finally, last but not the least the one who sees nothing in any situation because by the time they understand it the topic is already closed. The slow one who would be like 'Is this the story?' by the time you end the damn book. Shareha.

Everyone groaned at her and glared while she gave us the weirdest look possible like we just grew two heads all of a sudden. There was complete silence in the room which was soon broken by a knock on the door.

I could feel my heartbeat fasten as I looked at the closed door and gulped down at my saliva. My hands and nose were cold AF and I could feel it to that point that it's annoying.

All heads shot at me with all of them having a pleading look in their eyes. Some with the hope that I'd give this relationship a chance while some with that 'you still have a chance' look. I bit my lips as I looked at them

What are you waiting for Raqeeba! Not that you have an option!

I sighed and closed my eyes taking a deep breath before opening them back again.

"I have to do it guys."

_____________________________

Please please please vote for Unchain My Heart! Thank you for reading!
Xoxo
It's Shewholoved
Love you!!!

________________________________