As we traveled further into the main city, my thoughts wandered to my fate. It was the first time I had ever stolen anything, and I was unaware of what happened to those who did. The only people I had ever known who committed a 'crime' in the city, were people I never heard from again.

Even though I knew this would be the death of me, I did not regret my actions. At least in my sacrifice, someone else would live. My eyes pricked with tears, but I held onto that one hope.

As the vehicle flew higher over the city, I was distracted from my thoughts by the most beautiful sight. It was a sight that I had never seen, or never thought I would witness in all my years.

The first rays of dawn were beginning to show over Jericho. In the place, high up as we were, I could see beyond the city, to green landscapes, and even a shimmering blue silk... thing. I could not understand what I saw in that moment, but when I saw it, I felt like it was the world giving me a final farewell. The sun cast everything it touched in an orange hue. Normally, I saw that sun filtering between the buildings. Up here, in the sky with it, I realized for the first time how large and powerful that sun is. I spread my arms wide, and let the wind whipping through the bars of my cage move my hair about my face. I felt as if I was flying.

Those who fly eventually have to fall.

As we descended into the city, I looked between the bars to see new buildings

As we descended into the city, I looked between the bars to see new buildings. These were different from the ones I was used to. These buildings were made up of glass, or metal bindings, and created from a substance that seemed to shimmer in the new lights of dawn. Between the buildings, androids with holographic wings flew. I saw a female android with long pink hair, wearing a see through white dress that showed her vivacious figure. Peering downwards, I saw thousands of other androids walking along the streets, their hair and clothing all presenting a fashion statement that I had never witnessed before, even in the main streets of the Jericho slums. I realized with a jolt that this was the capital of the city, a place I had only ever heard from from my superiors at the garment workshop.

This place was filled with androids of all different kinds. I saw groups of androids with no legs, instead traveling with hovering devices. There were androids who had multiple LEDs on their forehead, instead of only one. Some androids had no LEDs at all. The features of the androids varied greatly, from looking almost exactly like a human, to looking beyond a machine.

I saw other androids laughing as they watched a human in a large rectangular cage dance and perform various acts. I was startled to see another human pulling a hovering cart as a fanciful android in gold sat inside its depths. As I gazed around the city, I saw many more examples of this. This was a world where androids were in control. We were just the slaves.

Soon, the vehicle began to lower itself. We would have only been traveling for only thirty minutes at least, but it had seemed to pass in the blink of an eye. The police droids shoved me from the vehicle, and I stumbled out onto the street. As the vehicle began to hover away, a different human police guard grabbed my wrists and tugged me onwards.

"Where are we going?" I hesitated to ask, and he snapped.

"You will know when we get there."

In the beginning, I simply tried to struggle against my bindings. But every time I struggled, they only seemed to tighten around my wrists. The man threatened me with a gun at my back, and that was enough incentive to stop my fight. No point in dying before it was necessary.

Androids leered at me as I passed, with voices filled with curiosity, eagerness and disgust.

"Did you defy the lord little mortal?"

"Look at her odd body and hair!!"

"Ra9 can sell her to me instead."

"I hope they shred her to pieces!!"

Eventually, the words began to meld together, until I no longer paid them any mind. In the beginning, the dread of this had made me feel nauseous. Now, approaching my death quickly, I no longer felt scared. I just felt an empty pit in the depths of my stomach.

Time passed too quickly, and soon I was led to a larger building in the center of the city. The sun was already high in the sky, and the light reflected off the glass windows of the structure.

I quietly followed the police guard inside, and watched curiously as the doors automatically closed behind us

I quietly followed the police guard inside, and watched curiously as the doors automatically closed behind us. We stepped towards a gold embossed door, and I realized with a jolt that this was a fancy looking elevator.

We stepped inside, and I stood in silence as I felt the box shake slightly. When the doors dinged open, a new world lay before me.

We were on a white stone pathway, surrounded on all sides by glass. Through the glass, I could see the inside of the building, where all the wealthy androids relaxed, flew past my window, or simply talked to one another. I was so in awe of the place around me, that the police guard had to force me twice to move forward.

We continued up the corridor, moving away from the glass walls and to a place with plain white walls, only interrupted by a stripe of gold. At the end of this corridor, a large door loomed in front of us. I did not know what would await me behind the doors, but whatever it was sent a chill up my spine.

The man knocked three times, and a young woman opened the door, bowing her head in greeting. The man pushed me forward, and I stepped onto a carpet so gold, it seemed to be spun from the sun itself. He gave me an extra shove, and unable to stop myself with my hands bound in obsidian, I stumbled to the floor.

"Such an obedient display of respect, little mortal..." The low voice startled you, and you glanced up.

Sitting in front of you, only a few feet from where you lay, was none other than Lord Ra9 himself.