P R E - F A C E

❝MARCEL, I told you. I am only going back to visit." I told him, causing him to give me a face that said 'really?'. I rolled my eyes and groaned, "Why do you have to be so nosy?" I asked him as I zipped up my luggage.

"Because, Evelyn, you're not only my best friend but our Queen here." He replied. 

I let out a tiny sigh and placed my hands on his shoulders, "You will be fine. You can rule this place by yourself for a bit. I have complete trust in you. I'm only going to be gone for a few weeks at most! Don't worry. I will be back soon." I told him.

He nodded his head, understanding that this was important to me. Otherwise I wouldn't be fighting to go. 

"Could you at least keep me updated. You are really bad at messaging." Marcel commented. I snickered, "Well maybe I enjoy life and not the screen. Alright, I'm off now." I told him as I brought my bag to my door. "Not quite. I have something for you." He said as he took my hand and started to drag me down the hallway of my apartment. 

"Marcel what-" 

"Surprise! We figured you'd like a little going away party so, Thierry and a few guys planned a little get together for you." Marcel said as I looked around my living room area to see my friends. This was very nice of them, and i appreciate it so much. But, I have business to take care of and I couldn't waste another minute here.

"That's very sweet of you guys, thank you." I told them, "But, I don't have time for this party. I must get going if I am to be on time." 

"On time for what?" 

"A ball."