Elly = Brother

**When we were young we were the ones**

I giggled at Jackal boy kept running, me clinging to the fur of his back as his tongue lolled out of his mouth.
**The kings and queens oh yeah, we ruled the world**

I smiled in the mirror. The purple dress looked pretty and the band on my forehead glistened. "One day you will be a real queen little Shadow. You'll rule the shadows."

I turned to look at him. "With my big brother?"

He smiled. "I'll never leave you."

**We smoked cigarettes man no regrets
Wish I could relive every single word**

I sighed staring up at the roof. I wish I could go back in time. Back to when things were good and life was peaceful. Back when mum was still around and Anubis was there for me.

++++++

**We've taken different paths

And travelled different roads**

I ran with tears in my eyes, away from the burning house.
**I know we'll always end up on the same one when we're old
And when you're in the trenches
And you're under fire I will cover you**

I looked down the road at the seared wood, burnt stone and ash. "It's not your home Elly. It's just a house."

I looked over to Anubis to see him smiling lightly. "Home is with the ones you love, and I'll always be on the same road with you."

He pulled me close.

++++++

**If I was dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me**

I struggled, clawing at the boy's hands around my throat. "Goodbye Daughter of Egypt."

Suddenly his grip around my neck loosened and I fell to my hands and knees, coughing and gasping for air. I looked up to see a furious Anubis looking down at the boy. When his gaze turned to me it softened and he wrapped me in a hug.
**And if you were drowned at sea
I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe**

"Anubis!"

I ran down the beach, diving into the cold and salty water. I came up for air before diving under again. I saw him sinking and reached for his pail hand. I grabbed him by the wrist and kicked hard towards the surface. I dragged him up onto the sand, flopping down next him as we both coughed. "Egyptian gods are weakened over running water you Idiot!" I gasped out.

"I know... Thanks."

I nodded slowly, as we lay on the sand.

++++++

**I've got you brother-er-er-er
I've got you brother-er-er-er**

I locked Nico in a headlock and messed up his hair. He frowned when I let him go, running his hand through his hand. I chuckled and he smiled.
**I've got you brother-er-er-er
I've got you brother-er-er-er**

Cadarn hugged me. I froze, before hugging him back.

++++++

**Oh brother, we'll go deeper than the ink
Beneath the skin of our tattoos
Though we don't share the same blood
You're my brother and I love you that's the truth**

Anubis wrapped me in his arm and I froze. Slowly I hugged him back."I love you Jackal boy."

"I love you two little shadow."

++++++

**We're living different lives**

"So how's my god of death big brother?"