Chapter Two: It's All Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus!

"Legend has it that the bones of a hundred children are buried within these walls." Allison said as you, Max, and Dani followed behind her towards the museum. "Oh, great." Dani says, sarcastically.

Allison unlocks the door and everyone goes inside. It was pretty dark in there. "I can't see a thing." Dani said.

"Well there's got to be a light switch around here somewhere right?" You asked. Allison nodded, even though you couldn't see her, as she looked for the light switch. "I found a lighter." Max said, he uses it to help Allison find the light switch, and the lights flickered on.

You follow Allison as she points stuff out around the room. "Here's the cauldron, and upstairs is where they slept."

"This is the spell book of Winifred Sanderson. It was given to her by the devil himself. The book is bound in human skin and contains the recipes for her most powerful and evil spells." Allison said, as you all were now standing in front of a display case. "I get the picture." Dani quipped.

"What's that?" Max asked. You looked to see him pointing at the black flame candle. "Oh, that's the black flame candle." You tell him, whispering. Max reads the sign next to the candle out loud. "Black Flame Candle. Made from the fat of a hangman. Legend says that on a full moon it will raise the spirits of the dead when lit by a virgin on Halloween night."

Max takes out the lighter and says, "So let's light the sucker and meet the old broads."

He looks at you. "Wanna do the honors?" He asks you. "No thanks." You shake your head. You didn't think anyone should try lighting the candle. Max moved to light the candle, but was attacked by a black cat. He falls on the ground, wrestling the cat that was attaching itself to his neck. Once he gets the cat off of himself, he stands back on his feet.

"Stupid cat!" Max yelled. "Okay, Max, you've had your fun. It's time to go. Come on, Allison, (y/n)." Dani begged. "Max, she's right, let's go." You pleaded, as you, Allison, and Dani walked closer to the exit. "Oh, come on, it's just a bunch of hocus pocus." Max mocked.

"Max, I'm not kidding this time! It's time to go!" Dani argues, but Max reaches forward to light the candle. "Max, no!!"

He lights it, and the flame turns black. "Uh oh." Max mutters. All the lights made out of fake candles explode, receiving squeals from everyone. The floor boards start moving and making an opening in the middle of floor, you grab onto the Dani to keep her from falling as everyone makes sounds of panic. A bright green light emits from the floor.

It suddenly stops. "What happened?" Max asked. "A virgin lit the candle." Dani responds, angrily.

All of a sudden, all of the fake candles that burst relight themselves with real flames, along with the fire under the cauldron. You hear voices from outside and everyone quickly hides.

The door suddenly bursts open, and in walks, the Sanderson sisters. You feel your heart beat quicken as you try to control your breathing.

"We're home. Oh, sweet revenge. Do you see, sisters, my curse worked perfectly." Winifred says. "Oh, that's because thou art perfect, Winnie." Mary responds. She sees the cauldron fire lit. "Oh, I knew I left this cauldron on, didn't I tell you? Oh, I knew it."

Sarah reaches up and grabs something from one of the beams on the ceiling. "My lucky rat tail! Right where I left it!" She exclaims. "But who lit the black flame candle?" Winifred questioned. She sees her book and goes over to it. "Wake up! Wake up, sleepy head. Oh, I've missed you. Did you miss me too? Come on now, we've got work to do."

"Winnie?" Mary says, gaining Winifred's attention. "Yes?" She responds. "I smell children."

Your eyes widen. "Sick 'em." Winifred states. "It's a little girl. Seven, maybe eight and a half." Mary says, taking a couple sniffs. "Oh, let's play with her." Sarah exclaims, she starts singing but Winifred puts a hand over her mouth.