six

"So will you join us or not?" Freddie asked again and I sighed in response

"Fred. I'm working. I don't have time to play manager to you four." He ignored me completely and instead just wrapped his arms around me and hugged me.

"Thank you," he mumbled into my shoulder.

I pulled away and looked at him. "For what?"

"Being the girl I love more than anyone. And I always will. I'll always love you more than anyone else. Always, dear." He was so urgent for me to understand this, I didn't know why.

"What's going on Freddie?"

His face was sad and I wondered for a moment of it was because I wouldn't go to rehearsal with him. He and the boys had rehearsal nearly everyday. I loved going when I could, but this record store was important to me. I didn't want to ask Al for days off because he needs me, but looking at Freddie I was worried he needed me too.

"Freddie if it means that much to I'll go to your rehearsal-"

"Her name is Mary." He interrupted and I stood dumbfounded. "The girl I met before. She's quite lovely, Ella. And absolutely brilliant. I like very much." He looked down and I noticed we were holding hands. He started rubbing the top of my hand with his thumb. "I just don't want you to feel like because I have another girl in my life that I love you any less."

I couldn't help but grin a little, and for some reason, feel relief. Almost like I had been waiting for permission from Freddie to love someone else as well.

"Freddie I'm your best friend. That won't change. And you're mine. And that will never change either. No matter what."

"No matter what," he repeated smiling back and finally looking in my eyes.

I hugged him and then glanced at the clock behind me. "You know, Al gave me permission to close up soon if there was emergency. And because I don't exactly know the definition of emergency, I'm guessing this means that needing time with you could qualify."

Freddie let out a chuckle and then put his arm around me and pulled me close to him.

"I love you more than anything, darling."

"As do I, Mr. Mercury."

"Mr. Mercury?" He asked with another laugh.

"Yeah, remember I said Mercury was extraordinary because it was small but radiant. That's you. For one single person, you have more life than anyone I know. More radiance too," I explained and he blushed slightly.

"Freddie Mercury," he whispered slightly. "I'll tell you what, love. If I ever become something extraordinary, something hot and radiant, my stage name will be Mercury." He winked and I grinned.

"Freddie Mercury," I said wanting to hear the name myself. "I like it. It suits you."

I locked up and Freddie and I walked to Brian's flat. The boys were all welcoming, but Brian seemed a bit more distant. He was professional and always focused. He usually had to keep Roger and Freddie out of trouble. Almost like the mother of the group. John was quiet as well, and when the others would get caught in conversation or an argument he'd look at me and just smile. As time when on, he warmed up more and more and grew confident enough to even ask the band to look over some of his song lyrics. They all wrote, mostly Freddie and Brian but Roger and John were determined to have a song of theirs in there as well. I really loved watching them. It was almost like watching the four elements work together. Brian was the earth, strong minded and grounded. Logical and hard-working. While John was like water. So gentle and peaceful and easy to trust. The complete opposite of Roger. Who was passionate and full of anger and heat like fire. And lastly was Freddie who was like air. He was so happy and joyful and had an imagination like nobody else, which made him a great writer and performer. They were all so different. So incredibly different. But together they were magic and I knew they were going to be big. Bigger than big. They were going to be absolutely, impeccably radiate.

Like Mercury.

A/N
I'm sorry y'all waited for this and it sucks and it's short but I have more free time now so maybe I'll write sooner. And I promise in the next chapter there will be A LOT more Roger and Ella. I love y'all so much pls give feedback and remember I'm from America so if something is said by one of the boys that isn't really accurate I apologize I'm trying my best but I'm American so I don't know how to write dialogue in British very well at all. I love you!