four

"So if some random guy comes and tries to steal me away are you going to pretend to be my boyfriend?" I asked and Fred chuckled

"So if some random guy comes and tries to steal me away are you going to pretend to be my boyfriend?" I asked and Fred chuckled. He grabbed my hand and twirled me around before pulling me back to his side.

He leaned down so that he was close to my ear. "I'll always take care of you, love." He snuck a quick kiss and then winked at me. I smiled proud to be his friend. Proud to be his best friend. I was so damn proud to be Freddie's best friend.

"How about we start with drinks?" He asked and I nodded. I'm not old enough to drink, but Freddie always orders two and then brings me one. I've never been drunk before and I don't plan on starting tonight.

Freddie brought me some kind of cocktail while he drank what appeared to be champagne. Only Freddie would order something as nice as champagne while we're at a nasty bar. I sipped on my red cocktail and slowly tapped my foot to the best of the band.

"They're pretty good," I said nodding my head in the direction of the band. Freddie grinned, almost in a proud way, before turning his attention from them to me.

"I've followed them around a little. I know quite a bit about them. I'm actually in class with the singer, Tim. He's got a big head, but he's talented. And the you see the guitarist?" he asked pointing to the tall, lanky boy. "His name is Brian May and he's quite the brain. He studies astrophysics." I examined Brian before my attention fell upon the flashy fellow in the background.

"What about him?" Freddie followed my gaze that still stayed in the blonde drummer.

"That, my love, is Roger Taylor. A handsome man, no doubt. He leaves with a different blonde woman every time I see them play."

I take my eyes off Roger to glance down at my full brown hair that falls along my shoulders. I look back at the playboy and smile a bit. He had more personality than the other two by far. I couldn't help but feel as if the band was unbalanced. Almost like they needed something else. Or needed to lose something. Or maybe both.

"I'm going to the restroom, Fred. Don't let anyone drug my drink," I stated with a wink and Fred winked back in response.

I took a quick glance around the bar before I saw the red light of a bathroom sign. I made my way over there, trying my best not to be hit by some of the drunken college kids dancing. I was about ten feet from the women's bathroom when a hand found its way to my arm.

"Come dance, baby." I felt fear arise in my stomach and up to my chest. But my face stayed strong and I turned toward him.

"No, now let go of my arm." I pulled away and he let go, but with a smile. And not pleasant one.

When I went to the bathroom, I stayed in there a little longer than I needed to. I was still trying to get rid of the hot, sickening feeling inside my stomach. My hands were still shaking and my cheeks were flushed. I set my hands on both sides of the sink and looked in the mirror. I waited before I had complete control over myself, then finally took a deep breath and walked out. The man was no longer standing where he had been. I quickly made my way back to the table to see that Freddie wasn't there. I sat down and I could feel my face beginning to burn once again. Where the hell did he go? I thought of all the reasons Freddie may leave.