Chapter Three

"Danny you're okay!" Tucker cried, running over to Danny as he opened his locker.

"Yeah I'm fine, really. Surprisingly I didn't seem to harbour any lingering injuries. At least I'm back to normal," Danny answered nervously rubbing his neck as Sam came up behind Tucker.

"That still doesn't explain what happened to you though. Someone doesn't just completely change like that one minute and then be fine the next," Sam pointed out worriedly.

"Don't be so negative, Sam. Maybe it was just a temporary reaction from the ghost portal. I'm sure everything's fine," Danny insisted trying to convince himself as well.

He was still uneasy about the whole accident. Lucky it had been on a Friday because he'd been so drained he'd slept almost all weekend. He told his parents it was just a cold and he continued recovering in peace. At first Danny felt like he'd been hit by a truck, he thought he'd never feel better. But he healed surprisingly fast and by Monday it was as if the accident never happened. Nothing weird had happened since then either and he'd managed to calm down slightly.

"Fine but I don't have a very good feeling about this," Sam grumbled, walking off in frustration.

Danny watched her go awkwardly not sure to go after her or not.

"What's up with her?" Danny asked Tucker curiously.

"She's just worried about you, man. You were just in a serious accident, I'm not surprised she's concerned," Tucker explained, glancing worriedly at Danny as if he was waiting for him to suddenly pass out from delayed injuries or something.

"I'm telling you, I'm fine. Actually I feel better than ever. I've got so much energy," Danny reassured.

Suddenly Tuckers face became anxious and he went into a running stance.

"Good because you're gonna need it. Here comes Dash!" Tucker warned before running away in a puff of smoke (I'm trying to make it like in the cartoon, so cartoon actions apply). Danny turned around nervously to find his number one bully, Dash marching towards him pushing nerds carelessly out of his way. Oh no! Just what I need, Danny thought sarcastically. He sped around the corner hoping to escape but he knew Dash was too close behind him to outrun. He also had nowhere to hide.

"Fenton!" he heard Dash scream as he neared the corner and Danny closed his eyes in fear waiting for the inevitable onslaught. After a moment or so without a beating, however, he opened his eyes curiously.

Dash was standing right in front of him, glancing side to side as if looking for something.

"You can run Fenton but you can't hide!" Dash shouted, as he stalked off looking for another nerd to prey on.

Danny raised his eyebrows, confused. What was Dash on about? I'm right here, Danny thought, holding his arms up in confusion.

Well at least he thought he did, but he didn't see anything where his arms should be. In fact, he didn't see any of himself where he should be! Frantically he snapped his head around around trying to catch a glimpse of himself even his reflection anywhere but to no avail. What the heck? Where's my body? He thought in shock, I've got to find Tucker and Sam!

He ran through the halls, accidentally bumping into a few surprised students along the way. The students looked around for the culprit in confusion, not finding anyone. I've got to be a bit more careful, Danny thought, who knows what they'll think of me if they found out that now I was some kind of freak!

He found Sam standing beside her locker, her back towards him.

"Sam! You've got to help me!" Danny cried as he came up behind her. Sam spoke as she slowly turned around, a smug grin on her face.

"Well look who needs my help now. I knew you'd be ba-" Sam cut off, her smile disappearing as she realised no one was behind her, "Danny?"

Sam glanced around trying to find her friend and jumped in surprise when his voice spoke out of nowhere beside her.

"I'm over here," Danny sighed anxiously. Sam tentatively reached out into the air and gasped when her hand connected to something solid. She gripped the invisible shirt curiously for a moment before releasing.

"Danny? Is that really you?" she asked in disbelief. Danny nodded, then face-palmed realising she couldn't see him anyway. He set his voice low, trying not to attract attention.

"Yeah. I don't know what happened. One minute I'm here, the next I'm gone," Danny said in a panic.

"Well it looks like you're not technically gone, just invisible. But that doesn't make it any less weird. Can you change back?" Sam asked in concern. Danny felt doubtful. He wasn't even sure how he'd turned invisible in the first place, let alone knew how to turn back.

"I'm not sure how," he objected in frustration.

"Well you can't just stay invisible forever," Sam snapped, realising people were beginning to stare at her for talking to herself. She straightened up and waved at them awkwardly.

"Let's take this somewhere more private, I don't want people thinking I'm a lunatic," Sam muttered, heading down the hall way and entering a janitor's closet.

"Danny?" she whispered, glancing around for any sign that the boy had followed her.

"I thought you didn't care what people thought of you?" Danny's voice teased from behind her. She jumped in surprise and then frowned in annoyance at the spot where his voice came from.

"That's about being unique. I may be an individual but I don't want to look insane," she corrected, "how'd you get in here anyway? I shut the door behind me and it was closed when I came in?" she asked looking at him, or what she hoped was him, questionably.

"I don't know. I went to open the door but my arm went through it so I just walked in," Danny explained uncertainly. Sam's eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Something definitely happened to you because of that accident, Danny. I'd say I told you so if this wasn't so serious...actually nope I still have time for it; I told you so," she added with a satisfied grin.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, now can we please go back to the problem. I'm invisible!" Danny snapped.

"Well what were you doing when you turned invisible in the first place?'" Sam encouraged.

"Well Dash was coming towards me and I remember wishing I could to get away," Danny replied thoughtful.

"That's it! All you have to do is will yourself to be normal. It must be a mental command," Sam cried.

"I'll try," Danny said doubtfully. He closed his eyes and concentrated hard on becoming visible. When he opened his eyes Sam was grinning. He looked down at himself to see his body back.

"It worked!" he cried in relief. Sam smirked at him pleased.

"You're welcome," she said confidently. Danny was so relieved he grabbed her in a big hug.

"Thanks Sam. I don't know what I would have done without you!" Danny cried happily.

Sam was frozen in shock from the sudden hug for a moment and then blushed a deep red. Danny caught sight of her blushing face and his face immediately matched the scarlet colour. They stared nervously at eachother for a moment but were suddenly interrupted as the door opened.

"Mr Fenton! The janitor's closet is not a love-nest. Too bad for you that I overheard voices coming from here. I'll see you love birds in detention!" Mr Lancer's voice boomed from the the closet door.

"We're not love-birds!" Danny and Sam cried at the same time.