Chapter Two

Sam watched in horror as Danny was consumed in a wave of green light.

"Danny!" Tucker and Sam screamed at the same time. They raced forward, but hesitated at the end of the spark filled entrance. They couldn't go in after him, it was way too dangerous.

"We've got to turn it off somehow!" Sam cried, desperately looking around. Tucker took out his PDA determinedly.

"I'm on it. I'll just hack into the control panel, override the system and-" he stopped when the machine suddenly turned off. He looked to Sam who was holding up an extension cord.

"Or you could just unplug it," she muttered exasperatedly.

Tucker didn't bother replying as they both ran to Danny's rescue. They both paused in shock as they saw Danny lying unconscious in the portal. Well they assumed it was Danny, but the boy in front of them looked very different from the friend they knew. It looked like all black and white colour on him had been switched. His previously black hair was now snow white and his jumpsuit was mainly black with white gloves, shoes and belt.

Neither teen was quite sure whether to go over to him or not, but all hesitation was lost when they heard the boy groan. They both ran over to him. No matter what happened this was still Danny.

"Danny?" Sam said softly. This was all her fault, she thought to herself guiltily. She knelt beside him.

The boy stayed unresponsive, still not fully awake.

"We've got to get him out of here," Tucker insisted, attempting to grab Danny desperately only to have his hands pass right through him. Sam and Tucker both gasped and jumped back in surprise.

"What was that!?" Sam snapped, looking at Danny in shock.

"I have no idea, I couldn't grab him. My hands just slipped right through him!" Tucker cried uncertainly.

Sam tentatively outstretched her hand towards Danny and cradled her hand on his cheek.

"Well he seems solid now," she mumbled nervously. They stared indecisively at Danny for a moment.

"Come on. Let's just get him out of here. We can figure out what's wrong with him later. We can't let his parents see him like this. They'll never let us near him again," Sam said, determinedly lifting Danny by the shoulders. Tucker nodded in agreement and grabbed Danny's legs. They carried him up the stairs of the basement and all the way up the main stairs to Danny's room. They panted from exhaustion after finally setting him on his bed.

"Geez Danny owes us big time when he wakes up," Tucker muttered, sitting on the end of the bed.

"That's if he ever wakes up!" Sam growled in annoyance. Sometimes Tucker could be so selfish.

"Sorry, I know you're worried about him. I'm worried too. I was just trying to lighten the mood," Tucker mumbled, looking worriedly at his unconscious friend. Sam nodded in understanding. She didn't mean to snap at his either, her concern for Danny was just making her extremely frustrated.

"I can't find a pulse," she gasped worriedly as she desperately searched his neck for any sign of a heart beat.

"What? Doesn't that mean he's dead?" Tucker gaped in horror.

"It should, but he can't be. Look, he's still breathing. It doesn't make any sense," Sam murmured anxiously.

Suddenly a noise outside caught their attention. They glanced out Danny's window to see the Fenton RV pulling up outside. They nervously glanced at each other, then at Danny.

"We've got to get out of here," Tucker insisted. Sam frowned at him.

"We can't leave him like this!" she snapped. Tucker clenched his fists in frustration.