fourteen;

after the service is over, tyler tells his parents that he's going to use the bathroom while josh tells brendon to wait in the car. the two boys meet in the bathroom, locking the door to the family one so no one can come in. now finally being alone, tyler breaks down crying.

"come here, precious." josh says, opening his arms for the smaller boy.

the brunette instantly walks into josh's arms and the red-haired embraces the shaking boy. tyler sobs into josh's shoulder, taking deep and ragged breaths.

"you're okay, ty." the smaller only cries more at how safe he feels.

in his head, he doesn't see how people can hate other people solely based on something they can't control. why do people feel so bothered by someone else's life?

"angel, please calm down. i'm right here and i won't let anyone hurt you." joshua says, letting the boy completely cling to him as the red-haired holds the back of tyler's thighs and puts a bit pressure.

the brunette gets the hint and jumps up, wrapping his legs around josh's middle and clings to him like a koala bear. tyler whimpers slightly as more tears fills his eyes when a thought pops in his head of people hating josh, just because he's gay.

how could anyone hate him?

"joshie, how could someone h-hate yous?" tyler asks, pulling his head from josh's neck and staring at the other with glossy eyes.

tyler places his hands on josh's cheeks and squished them together, giggly at his morphed face. josh smiles at the boy fondly and presses multiple kisses into his hair, pulling tyler as close as possible.

"you're so pwerfect." josh smiles involuntarily and keeps his strong hands on the bottom of tyler's thighs.

it's an intimate position but it radiates safety and love. the kind of warm, glowing red love that movies portray. the love of an old couple who have vowed to love each even if one passes on. the mushy, gushy love.

"wanna go out to lunch? i'll tell you're mom that we're just having lunch as friends, baby boy." josh says quietly, being gentle with the boy who could burst into tears at the mention of his homophobic mother.

tyler nods timidly, but hugs josh even tighter and inhaling his calming scent of security. it's a mixture between dark green and lilac, two colors that shouldn't mix but somehow, josh makes them work.

-

after telling tyler's mom about going to lunch (and being heavily interrogated by his dad because of his punk look), the two boys meet brendon and his boyfriend at a 50's diner themed restaurant. tyler asks if he can use the bathroom and josh nods, asking if he wants josh to wait outside the door for him. tyler says he'll fine and walks to the restroom.

"you're so whipped." brendon whispers to josh as their waiter leads the three to a table, dallon laughing slightly at overhearing the remark.

"suck a dick."

"when and where?" brendon replies, smirking at his punk friend.

josh only rolls his eyes as dallon smacks his boyfriend on the arm. the waiter sits the four boys at a booth with brendon and dallon on one side and josh and tyler on the other, when the smaller returns.

tyler walks back with very wide eyes and a frightened demeanor. joshua notices immediately and places a gentle hand on the brunette's shoulder. surprisingly, tyler flinches but then turns to the punk with tears in his eyes.

"what happened?" josh asks, his eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"s-someone twied to h-hit on me?" tyler answers, his eyes glossy as he relaxes into josh's grip when the punk hugs him sideways.

"who, baby boy?" joshua asks, his outward appearance calm, but he's actually going full boxer's rage inside.

"i-i dunno."

the brunette only cuddles into josh's chest seeking comfort, to which the other makes his first priority. josh throws a worried look to dallon who sends him the same look.

when tyler calms down, joshua lets him go to let the smaller look at the menu.

"what do you want to eat, angel?" josh whispers to the small brunette, who blushes in response and says,

"can i get a mwilkshake and fwies?"

"that's all, lovely?" tyler nods at the red-haired and notices his concerned look.

"m' not really hungry after that." josh nods in understanding at the mention of the service and orders for himself and the brunette.

"so, tyler, has josh made you play any video games, yet?" dallon asks, as they handed their food shortly after.

the smaller blushes under the gaze of the rest of the boy's at the table and shakes his head softly. tyler speaks up and mumbles,

"i don' like scary games."

dallon nods and a comfortable silence looms over the group as everyone eats their food. of course brendon breaks the silence,

"so, have you two fucked?"

josh immediately bursts out laughing as tyler blushes madly at the question. the red haired shakes his head and says,

"no, bren."

"for now." the raven haired responds and bites his fry, with a smirk on his face.

josh rolls his eyes and turns his gaze to tyler, the timid boy staring at his empty plate. the brunette interlocks their fingers under the table as some loud teenagers enter the place. tyler guides josh's hand to place it on his thigh for comfort. josh smiles softly and pulls the smaller incredibly close.

"you're adorable." tyler looks up and boops josh's nose as brendon says,

"seriously, get a room."

as the group leaves, joshua stays back and speaks with an employee. to which, he expresses his anger that his sorta-boyfriend was being hit on without permission. the employee apologizes and gives joshua free mints to make up for it, saying they'll try their best to fix the problem.

with a satisfied face, josh leaves the restaurant and hands tyler the free mints in the car.

"ca-candy!"

-

this was long, yeah?

anyway, hope you're alright:)

my girlfriend is so fucking beautiful and i hate school.

also, i know some people are having a hard time understanding why tyler talks like a baby (only with josh though)

tyler isn't a little, even though i'd like to make a little space fic.

it's just trust i think. tyler.'s character almost instantly trusted josh when he met him. since tyler's hasn't ever met someone to protect and look after him.

that's why he talks like that, it's just his character:)

buh-bye:):)

-𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙧 ✰