one;

"god made one man and one woman. these two compliment each other in a way that two men or two woman can not. marriage is meant for one thing and one thing only, procreation. homosexuality defies the natural law of nature and rejects god."

tyler shifts uncomfortably in the pew, with his mind running a million miles a minute. the entire auditorium is silent, with some people occasionally saying 'yes, lord.' and things of that nature after every line the preacher speaks.

"god designed us for heterosexuality and going against his words lads you in fiery pits of hell."

tyler sighs and plays with his fingers, anxiously. the brunette has heard this his entire life. being gay is bad, loving jesus is good. even though he doesn't agree, no one will accept him if he told them. his parents would think it's a phase and he doesn't have any friends.

"god said in leviticus 18:22, 'man shall not lay with another man as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

the small boy lets his mind drift and daydream about his future. his future of laying in someone's arms at night. his future of kissing someone any time he wants. his future of coming home to someone waiting for him. the future that involves a man and is supposedly sending him to hell.

tyler has always known that he did not see girls the same as guys. guys always appealed to him, with strong muscular frames that would engulf his small body. but, he dreamed of that one person. the person that he has no idea what their name is, but already has fallen in love.

"everyone bow your heads and come to jesus in prayer." the preacher says, watching everyone lower their head. tyler bows his head, but keeps his eyes open.

"dear jesus, we thank you for this day and everything you've given us. i pray today, lord, that if anyone in this room feels the tendencies of homosexuality, that they would be overcome by your presence and stop. jesus, we pray that your spirit is in this room and touching each and every heart in here. in your name we pray, amen."

everyone's opens their eyes and begin to leave. tyler crosses his arms over his chest, feeling the confining church clothes clinging to his body. the boy's parents make their way out the big doors with the brunette trailing behind. tyler's dad stops at the door outside and begins talking with the preacher, who also has made his way out there.

"good sermon, pastor." the older man speaks, patting the preacher's shoulder.

"thank you, mr. joseph."

"i completely agree with everything you said. homosexuality is an abomination." tyler's dad says, as the brunette shifts his gaze uncomfortably.

the small boy's eyes land on a red-dyed haired boy with many piercings. tyler thinks the boy is actually very attractive as he takes in the boy's appearance. he's taller than tyler from what the brunette can see and he has a punk persona radiating off of him.

as tyler's eyes are locked on the punk, the dyed boy's head turns and his gaze lands on tyler. a small smirk spreads across the mystery boy's face as tyler's eyes widen adorably.

the brunette averts his eyes back to his parents, feeling the stare of the mystery boy on him. a bright blush coats tyler's cheeks as an uncontrollable smile spreads across his face. for some reason, he likes attention from that boy.

"tyler, what did you think?" the pastor says, breaking the small boy outgrow his thoughts.

with a pink face, tyler answers uninterested.

"it was fine."

the boy's father sends him a stern glare and continues to speak with the pastor. the brunette glances back at the red-dyed boy and smiles cutely as he notices the stranger is staring.

"alright, pastor. we better get going."

"alright, bye. god bless you." the older man says.

tyler turns back around and responds,

"god bless you."

-

HI IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!

first chapter yay!!:)

-𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙧 ✰