"Well, this isn't an important event," Lauren said. "This is a stupid anti-Halloween church party with candy, Christmas lights, and a bible story. I'm going to a college party because as a college student that's what we do. I hope you have fun at your shindig though. And I'd appreciate you keeping your nose out of my relationship in the future. I'm not allowed to say anything about yours, but you say plenty about mine!"

 "I wasn't talking about your relationship! I was making sure you were being respectful of Jake's feelings. That is all!"

  "I fail to see the difference."

 "Whatever. I don't have time to fight with you, Lauren. Go to your stupid college party and be a typical college student. Do some shots, and go home with a football player for all I care."

  "I will!" Lauren declared with spirit. "And by the way the next time Alex wants to yell at me for something tell him to have the guts to say it himself, and not have his fiancee do it for him."

  "You are the biggest brat in the world!" Ruth yelled as Lauren slammed the front door behind her, and she went out into the cool night air. Hope's car was waiting by the curb, and loudly playing the Ghostbusters theme song. Lauren forgot her sister as she opened up the car door and greeted her fellow flappers.

   "Let's go!" She happily yelled as Hope and Wren sang the song at the top of their lungs.

  The Halloween party was everything Lauren hoped. People clearly put a lot of thought into their costumes, and there were tons of props to take their pictures in front of. Lauren was gaping at all the cool costumes on their way into the spider web covered ballroom. Her favorite were the two guys dressed as Sonny and Cher. They were decked out, and people were even getting their picture taken with them.

   The girls quickly headed out onto the crowded ball room to dance. They had a great time, and Wren won third place in the limbo. She won a candy bar that was bigger than her head. She promised to split it with her friends. 

    Halfway into the evening; Lauren saw Joan and Henry. They were dancing a few feet away, and they were laughing hysterically as Henry twirled her so fast she almost fell over.

  "Oh my Gosh!" Wren was already going over to them. "You guys are dressed like Andi and Ducky in Pretty in Pink!"

  "Wren darling! There you are!" Henry stopped twirling Joan. "I like the flapper look. Much better than that whore thing I thought you three had planned."

  "What?" Joan looked at him.

   "Inside joke," Henry said as Lauren cracked up laughing. 

   "I love your costumes," Lauren said sincerely to them. "They're awesome!"

  "Oh, hey Lauren...." Joan didn't look exactly thrilled to see them.

   "This is Wren," Lauren said quickly. "She's a friend of Hope's too."

  "Nice to meet you," Joan said as she picked at her fingernails as she stood in a bubblegum pink prom dress, and a red wig that looked much more professional than Lauren's internet buy. "You guys look fantastic. I love the flapper look."

  "Thanks," Lauren said. "Your costumes are excellent."

 "It's recycled," Henry admitted. "We dressed like this our senior year of high school, and we won the best costume award. We didn't have time to think up something different because Joan didn't want to come, and she only changed her mind at last minute. It was either this or my clown gear."

  "You have clown gear?"

  "Don't ask too many questions," Joan said in with a smirk in Henry's direction.