lunch with new friends

lunch rolled around quickly and eddie had a decision to make. sit alone or join stan and his friends. he figured it was an easy decision, sit alone of course. stan had invited richie to sit with them too so eddie was sitting alone, not because he didn't want to be around richie but because he knew if he joined them richie wouldn't hesitate to leave and he didn't want richie to be alone.

so when eddie walked into the cafeteria and saw Richie already getting along with stan and his friends he just looked around for an empty spot to sit, that was until he heard his name being called. now eddie knew he could probably have ignored it and could've still headed to his empty seat but he still wanted to have friends and this group of people seemed like his only option so he turned around and walked over to them with a smile placed on his face.

"hey... i'm eddie" he said sitting down at the table.

"well u already know me but this is beverly and bill. oh and you already met richie today, right?" stan says pointing everyone out.

"eh yeah i met him today" eddie lies, feeling slightly hurt by his own lies.

"we were just discussing our plans for the weekend. we usually hang at the quarry, you can join us if you like" beverly says before taking a bite out of her sandwich.

eddie turns his gaze to richie who seems to be giving him a evil glare. richie must have been invited too, i'll just sit this one out then.

"oh i don't think i'll be able to make it" eddie sighs and richie's face changes, his anger turns to confusion?

"oh w-why not" bills asks facing eddie.

"oh em strict mom" eddie says thinking of the first excuse he can. the group nods not taking the subject any further, except richie. he gives eddie a strange stare, richie knows eddie's mother hasn't been strict on him in a while so the fact eddie is lying about not being able to join them is strange.