losing richie

"fuck off fairy" andrew said pushing eddie down.

"please stop, please" eddie asked trying to keep tears out of his eyes.

"fucking shut up" steve said picking the smaller boy up by his collar and pushing him against the wall.

"please stop, i'll stay away from you, just stop" eddie begged.

"stay away from us and richie" mike growled at eddie.

"please don't, i can't lose him" eddie looked down at his feet.

andrew got closer to eddie and grabbed his shirt, making eddie look up at him.

"You stay away from tozier okay, he doesn't need a little fruity boy like you around him. he doesn't need you trying to turn him into a little gay boy. so fuck off" andrew spat at eddie and shoved him into the wall harshly.

eddie cried, his eyes poured out waterfalls of tears. he was going to lose richie, then he would be left with nothing. he couldn't keep putting himself through the pain of getting attacked everyday but richie wasn't going to stop hanging out with these jerks. no matter how many times eddie told him what they did to him, he was still going to remain friends with them. so the only way to get richie to stay away would be to make them hate richie, and without fully thinking about what he was doing he spoke.

"i'm not turning richie gay, he doesn't need me to do that", instantly after the words left his mouth he felt sick. he knew he shouldn't have said it. it wasn't his place to say.

he never would have said it if he knew he was still going to lose richie.