Chapter 1.

A usual Saturday night in the small town of Dalgety Bay usually consisted of nothing but silence and the sound of footsteps on the pavement of someone taking their dog on a late-night stroll, or the sea bringing other big chunks of seaweed to shore.
there were always a few older men on their way to the corner store to buy a pack of smokes or a group of girls getting off the last bus at the tiny Dalgety Bay bus station.

A blonde and two brunettes made their way through the small streets each block lightened by a few street lights, their heels clicking on the pavement with every step they took filling the dark quiet night, a smoking blonde walked behind the two gossiping girls as she took a deep inhale from her cigarette.

"Alex come on... I don't want the girls to wait for us- you know how Millie hates to wait." Sabrina said as she ran her hand through her thick long black hair.

Sabrina was one of the prettiest girls in Dalgety Bay, she was tall, tan, and fit and had a beautiful shade of shiny black hair, she was usually found in the local gym and assisted kids boxing lessons as an aspiring fitness educator, she had been friends with Elle and Alex the minute she started kindergarten in Dalgety bay, Alex had already claimed Elle and shortly after that came Sabrina, they supported each other truly through thick and thin.

"Listen Millie better wait up, she got me in a dress and even in heels least I can do is take my time to smoke a cigarette." Alex had cut her hair even shorter and it was now in a cute bob that just reached two inches above her slender shoulders, just like her girlfriends Sabrina and Elle she wore a cute white dress under her black raincoat.

Alexandra was the daughter of a former military sergeant, tho she has had her rebellious phase after the death of her beloved father she very much appreciated his strictness and the lessons he had thought her in the short life they had, Alex and her mother lived in one of the oldest houses in Dalgety bay in the town center next to the church, she took pride in that because she knew her father did, she enjoyed living there.

On the side she babysat kids around town, it made some good money since she did that a couple of times a week due to her mother being a social worker and knowing some families around town that could use some help, Alex liked the stability of friends and work but she mostly seeing her friends on weekend outings when they went to go and do fun stuff like this. Though everyone knew Alexandra Collin would never admit that out loud.

Elle was the bubbliest of them all, she had long fill strawberry blonde hair and hazel eyes, she always had her hair, nails, and makeup done and if she wasn't in heels her outfit was not completely, she loved to train in the gym with Sab but most of her time was spent in the nail salon of Mrs. Darcy where she had scored a part-time job, Mrs. Darcy's beauty salon became like her second home, Elle dreamed of opening her salon one day and knew that with ambition and hard work she could get there.

Elle lived with her parents in a two-bedroom apartment across from the nail salon, her parents were former hippies so Elle had always been very free and outgoing, she and Alex immediately attracted each other and become friends, but there was hardly anyone in Dalgety bay their age that wasn't familiar with such a fun girl as Elle O'Riley.

"Hey, girls- the new house got sold," Alex said standing still in the middle of the road while looking at the big brick house with a front porch and a beautiful wide front yard.
The past few years the town of Dalgety bay had gotten some attention from outsiders from potential national and international buyers, most of the newly built houses had been sold years ago but for some reason, this beautiful place in a lovely neighborhood only had been sold recently.