"There is our star," She pointed and Mr Sachdeva looked even more irked. 

"I doubt it," He chuckled and then walked towards his team. He sat beside them and struggled to find a paper. 

"There is what we are buying," He said once he found the number he was going to bid for. 

A shiny black horse was his bet and Nandini wasn't surprised with his choice. She smiled and joined the team on the table. 

"Not everything that glitters is gold," She put forward. 

"That's not a horse you would want to bet on in a race," She informed. 

"Are you serious, Nandini? That's an Akhal Teke we are talking about," One of the business associates ridiculed. 

"That's a show horse, Mr Das," She was very much sure of her knowledge. 

"Besides, I don't counsel on the basis of breeds. I know it when I see a horse," She added and heard almost everyone chuckle. 

"I still say that's going to be bad business," Nandini warned Mr Sachdeva. Before she could persuade him any further, an announcement interrupted. 

Bidding was about to begin and announcer was asking people to settle down. Her eyes traveled the vast pandal and a pair staring her. It was her father who finally had her atention. He was sitting with his professional team whom she had known for years. Unfortunately she could never make it to that table. She didn't look away till a hand nudged her. 

"Why not the black one?" Asked Mr Sachdeva in a subdued tone. 

Nandini looked at him surprised. He was ready to listen. 

"Look at his legs," She pointed towards the horse. 

"What's there to see?" Asked Mr Sachdeva.

"All I know is that your father is buying that black one," He divulged.

Nandini wasn't surprised at all. She knew her father. He wouldn't go for anything less than a thoroughbred. 

"A horse raised in different climate cannot be a good bid when you are going to race him here," She said in a calm tone. 

"Thoroughbred or not, Akhal teke or Ababian; you can never predict what will work for you on a racecourse," She added thoughtfully. 

"My father would surely go for Akhal Teke. He has many Akhal Teke in his farm. He takes pride in going for the shiniest one," She divulged. 

"Let me tell you one secret," She leaned towards Mr Sachdeva. 

"He is good with horses, To be honest one of bests. But he hasn't stepped out of his office for years," She said and smiled. 

Mr Sachdeva was in deep thoughts till then. He seemed to be having two thoughts. 

"Have you?" He asked urgently. 

"I am raised by horses more than my own parents," She said proudly and Mr Sachdeva smiled. 

As expected, everyone went after Akhal teke while Mr Sachdeva sat quietly with his solitary bid for the white horse. 

Mr Murthy won the bid and was congratulated massively by all his peers. His eyes wandered to find his daughter who was with her team beside a white domestic bred horse. Shine in her eyes dimmed his smile. The way Nandini caressed horse's muzzle, it didn't take him another minute to figure out how she had made a good choice. 

He didn't realize when he walked to her. Everyone stood perplexed as Mr Murthy stood few meters away from the team. 

"Mr Murthy," Mr Sachdeva greeted him and Nandini came out her reverie.