Chapter- 61

"AAA-CHHOOO"

Nandini tried to put the cofee mug on table before she had sneezed but she had apparently failed miserably as she could see hot coffee flowing down table leg. She wiped her red nose with sleeve of her long sweater and found him glaring the coffee mug with his lips pursed. She knew he was going to turn his angry gaze to her as next thing so she smiled cutely. 

Cute and Nandini!!!

Well, she had been trying to look cute ever since they had come out of bathroom. 

He looked at her and found her sniffling. She was trying to wipe something invisible off her gorgeous face. She could be a perfect example of devil in disguise of an angel. He handed her a tissue while she took the mug from his hand to finish rest of his coffee. 

"Perfect"

He murmured and got off the couch to clean the table. She shrugged her shoulders and got busy in fidgeting with the mug. 

Manik came out with a wet cloth and glared her. As he bent down to clean the table...

"AAAA-CHHOOOO"

Nandini gripped the mug tightly as she heard the sound but to her relief, it wasn't her but the tall army man who had sneezed this time. He hadn't even recovered from impact of first expulsion when he heard another and this time he could see coffee mug touching the carpet. His eyes popped out and then went inside as he cursed her for one more casualty. 

It was a sneeze fest in no time where they were giving tight competition to each other. Nandini flapped her arms in air as if couldn't take it any further while Malhotra sat in couch trying to battle the expulsion attack. 

"All because of you" 

He accused her as first thing as he reached kitchen to do something about this cold. 

"I wasn't the one...AAA-CHOOO....who said "I need to wash a few things," She mimicked him and held tissue tight on her red nose. 

Just an hour back...

"I need to wash a few things," He stated and picked her up to walk into the bathroom. 

Nandini worked her legs while he held her under his arm as if she was some file. Putting her on tiled slab, he took off his shirt which was soaked in soapy water. Nandini bit her lip as she gazed him dreamily. She wouldn't mind wandering on such bathroom trips. She kicked his knee with her foot and he, who was busy straightening that messy shirt, looked at her. 

"You're going to wash all these including this one," He ordered as he picked her up to put on the floor. 

Nandini scowled at her putting her hands on waist. 

"You gotta be kidding me, Malhotra," She said ridiculing and he dropped the wet shirt over her head. 

Nandini slid it down her face and threw it in the bathtub along with all other cloths which were already dying a cold death there. Manik could see her putting a straight face as she took two tiny steps towards him. As she stood inches away from him, he realized how he was standing bare body. Her warmth was touching his flesh even when she was nowhere touching him. 

"Are you sure you meant this when you talked about washing a few things," She asked pointing towards the cloths while her fingers lightly touched side of his waist. Manik literally jumped on his toes as her soft touch warmed his cold flesh. He looked out of small window which opened towards heavenly view of mountains. He chanted for mercy to those faraway hills.

"What are you doing, Nandini?" He asked baffled as her fingers traced side of his waist till they reached side of his chest. 

"I thought you were going to give me some washing," She told faking the finest facet of innocence.