"How can I get a shot? Do you have sense?"

"I do! I know it is only possible by luck, but do it"

"Whatever! Let's get this over with!" she sneered and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah friend, whatever" Kelvin scoffed, placing a stress on the word whatever to show he was angry. 

"Awwn! My friend is hurt" Theresa taunted. She aimed the ball from a distance towards the basketball hoop.

"Let's see how this goes," she winked at Kelvin who was still fuming. She threw it and the ball flew straight to the hoop. It rotated on the top of the hoop and Theresa's eyes widened.

"Fall in," she unconsciously yelled and it did. "Whoa! I did it". She jumped with joy.

"Yeah girl, you've got talent. I get to teach you how to play basketball. You will love it" Kelvin chirped.

"Did you see it? I'm a professional. Just look!"

Kelvin got the ball and yelled, "Professional! Catch this". He threw the ball with force towards Theresa.

Theresa tried but wasn't able to catch it. The ball flew away from her reach and landed on the ground.

"Aargh! Kelvin! What's your problem?" she picked the ball up and glared at him. Kelvin jogged to her and he snickered as he stared at Theresa's pursed lips. 

"I thought you were a professional?"

"Fool!" she snorted and hit him repeatedly with the ball.

"Ouch! Ouch! Sorry! I'm sorry"

She stopped, "Much better!"

Kelvin taught her the basis of basketball. He was breaking a major rule of Theresa which was 'never get close to a man'. Theresa had made that rule so that she never got feelings easily for random men. Kelvin made a lot of body contact so as to show her how to bounce the ball. Not that his touch did anything to her but this was her first time having a male for a friend. In high school, guys just dreamt of her. They never came close, even the popular ones. She was always of a high standard. She couldn't even explain how she agreed to be Kelvin's friend.

His hand was on hers as he spoke to her. "Now try" he exclaimed.

"Try what?"

"Bounce the ball, Theresa "

"Oh!" she bounced the ball. "Cool! I'm going it".

"You're smart. It didn't take you time to learn that. Let's do something more simple".

He took the ball, smiled at Theresa and did a double dribble, moving the ball left to right and under his legs.

"So simple" he said still staring at Theresa. He threw the ball backward and it actually entered the basketball hoop.

"Wow!" Theresa screamed with an amused expression.

"Simple, right?"

"Yeah! So so simple. A baby could easily do it" she replied, her voice was drenched in sarcasm. Kelvin blew an air kiss and she frowned.

How did that gloomy Kelvin I slapped change? I'm happy we have settled our differences. We decided to forget that incident and move on.

Kelvin was playing around with the ball and he passed it to Theresa. She tried running while bouncing the ball. She wasn't really successful but she tried. After a while of playing, laughing and gisting, they agreed to get something to eat.

"So hungry," Theresa whined.

"Let's go! You don't have to whine like a baby"

"My good friend!"

"Yeah!"

"Piggyback  me"

"What? No way! I'm just as hungry as you"

"Come on. You know I don't easily accept people as my friend. Show me you are worth it".

He rubbed his chin and pretended to be in a deep thought. A smile crawled on his features and he bent a little."Get on, sweetheart!"

"Don't call me that," she warned and climbed gently on his back. Kelvin piggybacked her to a nearby restaurant.

"You are the best," she teased as they ate their lunch.

"Awwn! I feel important" he chortled and they both laughed.

"Hey, I was just joking. Don't feel so important!" she hissed

"Painful! That hurts" he placed a hand on his chest.

"Just shut up!" she chuckled.

***************************

Thelma and Theresa were on their bed. It was night time. They were relaxed and ready to sleep.

Thelma was thinking of Oscar. The memory on the moment she spent with Oscar was so fresh in her mind. She recalled how they departed.

"Thanks for making today special," Oscar had greeted her. They were back from the amusement park and were walking with Rockie. They had picked her earlier from Ursula.

"Uh! You don't have to thank me. Rather I'm to thank you. You paid all the bills. I'm grateful"

"You are really nice" he simpered. "Would you like to hang out with me next time?".

"Sure! I would love to"

All of a sudden, in slow motion (to Thelma precisely. It wasn't that slow), Oscar picked her hand and planted a kiss on it.

"See you tomorrow, cupcake," he smirked and left.

Thelma rolled on her bed while thinking of that moment. When Oscar's warm lips had come in contact with her skin, tendrils ran down her spine and nipped on her skin. She felt good and wanted more of his kisses. She stopped herself from having those thought and glanced at Theresa. She was beside her on the bed, operating her phone.

"Thelma! Thelma!" Theresa cried out. "Come and see this! Someone else was enjoying his weekend". 

Thelma moved closer to her and stared down into her phone. A video was playing and in that video she couldn't believe her eyes..... Alex was kissing Vivian. It didn't look normal. It had lot of passion and emotions added to it that Thelma stared, hurt.

I thought he hated Vivian. What's this? What is really happening behind my back?

.   ~~~Author's Note~~~

Hi guys! How are you doing? Thanks for reading this. I hope you enjoyed it.

⁉️ Question :

Is Alex in a relationship with Vivian? What is truly going on?