Chapter Four

Hey guys! Sorry this took such a long time to get up. I've been sooo busy, it's crazy, this was my first free Saturday since, like, August, and therefore my first free writing time basically. Today was beautiful though because I just wrote all afternoon. And baked. With pumpkin. Yes like a basic white girl. Judge me. I'll just eat my delicious pumpkin chocolate chip bars. Anyway, enough distraction. I'm sorry this took forever; hopefully I get over the business and extreme writer's block and continue this story at a more regular pace. In the meantime, enjoy this chapter, and please - comment!! I love to know what you guys think.

Gracias! <3 vb123321

Chapter Four

“Look who’s here,” Ray said to me in a low voice as I joined him on the field, jerking his head towards the goal.

I didn’t even take a glance. “It’s Davis, isn’t it?”

“How’d you know?”

Dropping my bag on the ground, I bent down to take out my cleats. “Mal told me he’s joining our team.”

“Mal told you that?” Ray blinked. “How did she – but, wait, how did your dad even let this happen? Did he tell you about it?”

I yanked my laces tight. “What do you think?”

“Judging by the homicidal look on your face,” he said, looking down at me warily, “I would say you had no idea.”

Standing, I stretched my arms over my head, scowling as I watched Davis dribble a ball between his feet as he talked casually with some seniors. “Let’s just hope he doesn’t stick around. He’s used to playing in Europe with stuck-up rich kids, he won’t handle our game.”

Ray shook his head. “I’m with you, man, of course, but you can’t deny he’s good.”

Giving him a deadly look, I joined the group of my teammates preparing to start practice with the usual laps. A couple of them eyed the threatening grey skies overhead, mumbling about the possibility of lightning to miss practice. They shut up when I approached them, instead exchanging significant looks; I wasn’t surprised when Joey Walters was the first to speak.

“See our newest member, Coop?”

“Sure did,” I replied casually, stealing his ball from him and bouncing it between my feet.

“Did your dad tell you he was joining?” Joey eyed me like he thought I was going to bite his head off. Was my face really that homicidal? I thought I’d been doing a good job controlling myself.

“No, he didn’t mention it,” I said, nudging his ball back to him as I glanced over my shoulder. My dad was making his way across the field after setting up a few cones, stopping to talk to Davis and the seniors. “Maybe Davis is just here for the day, to see where he’s at.”

“That’s probably it,” said George Harrison, looking relieved.