"What a pretty colour~" Replied Sophie, with a nervous laugh.

"It's hideous!" Retorted Howl with a shrill. Looking up, Sophie nearly gasps seeing the rage that was in Howl's eyes. "You completely ruined my magic potions that were in the bathroom!"

"I just organised things! Nothing ruined, Howl!" Sophie tried to explain.

"Wrong! Wrong! I told you specifically not to get carried away! Did you do this on purpose? Did you do this because of what happened this morning between me and Delacy! We're adults, Sophie! We can solve our own problems without you butting your nose in our business!" Tears formed in Howl's eyes, as he let go of his hair. Slumping onto the chair in front of Clacifer, Howl grabbed his head again. As he mourned for his hair. "Now, I'm repulsive. I can't live like this..."

From her place on the stairs, Delacy couldn't help but roll her eyes at Howl's behaviour. His beauty and appearance was the most important thing to him, that and his freedom. But her eyes softened when she saw and heard Howl cry, gripping the banister she watched as Sophie moved towards him.

"Come on, it's not that bad." Sophie offered, as she looked down at Howl, and at that moment Howl's hair coloured started to change colour again, it turned into plum colour until it stopped at midnight blue-black colour. His natural hair colour, the colour Delacy loved on him. "You should see it now, it turned even prettier!"

"I give up, I see no point in living if I can't be beautiful," Howl mumbled. Scrunching her face as her face flushed red from anger, Delacy curled her hands into fists. The room became dark, as the room almost seemed to shrink in size, the shadows became alive as they began to crawl around the room.

'How dare he!' She thought with fury, as she looked around the room she stomped on one of the shadow's hands that grabbed her foot. He wasn't the one that was constantly sick! He wasn't the one who didn't get the choice if they lived or not! He has every opportunity of life and he wanted to throw it away because he couldn't have his stupid hair colour. And it seemed Sophie felt the same way.

"Howl..." Cried Calcifer moving further and becoming smaller. "Howl, stop it!"

"He's calling on the spirits of darkness! I saw him do it once before when a girl dumped him!" Markl spoke looking around the room. Delacy remembered that day, she would say that it was her fault that the girl dumped Howl. She was more restless and angry that day and seeing a girl so close and openly affectionate with Howl had made her so very angry. And so, Delacy blew at the poor girl and had blamed Howl by refusing to talk to him.

"Now, Howl, you're alright. We'll just dye your hair back." Smiled Sophie as she placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, but she quickly retracted when she felt something warm and squishy between her fingers. Green slime was covering her hand and it left a thin strand from her hand to Howl's back.

Howl began to produce more slime and it poured from his body and onto the floor. It was then that Delacy rushed to Howl's side, ignoring the slime she tried to shake him but it was useless. Looking towards Sophie who had backed away, Delacy saw the fear that was swimming in Sophie's eyes. And she understood her fear, this was powerful magic Howl was using.

"Howl, stop this!" Delacy snarled, all softness and raspiness gone from her voice as she shook Howl. "You're scaring Sophie, Markl and even Calcifer! You stupid wizard, stop this right now!"

"Insulting him won't help, Delacy!" Cried Calcifer, standing on a log. Swearing at the girl in his mind for her not having any ability to comfort, especially in moments like these.

"Fine! You think you got it bad! I've never been beautiful in my entire life!" Sophie suddenly cried out with emotions, tears welled in her eyes as she turned away and began to run out of the door. "I have had enough of this place!"