Chapter Twelve: Mommy Issues

Start from the beginning

" Because I have an image to uphold and I don't need you messing it up with whatever this is you are doing"

" Is your image really more important than me?" My voice strained, my mother removed her shades so I can see her eyes.

" Equally important Erin"

My heart would have broken right then and there but sadly she had already shattered years ago and now I was immune to her carelessness towards to me, her only child.

" I appreciate your concern for yourself but I'm doing this role so if that's all you came by for you can leave"

" I don't understand how the director asked for you to put on pounds instead of slimming down, Queen Pin was thin"

Her comments on my weight didn't bother me because my body was in the process of something so amazing to me, I was literally creating a human in my womb and no one could take my excitement away.

" My weight has nothing to do with the role, grandma" I rubbed my small bump smirking.

" You aren't that crazy"

My mother laughed in my face but I kept my hand rested on my stomach.

" Crazy no? Pregnant? yup"

" Just throwing away your life to rebel against me like some little teenager"

" News flash mother everything doesn't revolve around you" I stood up going to the door of the trailer pushing it open forcefully.

" You have that baby your life will be ruined trust me I know"

I folded my arms letting her walk out past me, I couldn't wait for my dad to hear about this.

" You are going to regret this"

" Mother you know what I won't regret?" I didn't give her a chance to reply, slamming the door shut in her face.

John: Filming is beginning meet us on set.

I huffed out, my mom had fucked up my concentration with her surprise visit, I had less than five minutes to get my shit together or I could kiss my role goodbye.

" Alright Erin today we are focusing on the scene introducing Jemeker's family background, so the part of the script with her mother"

Oh great, I chewed the inside of my jaw. All eyes were on me because it was just me and a fellow actress filming.

"We want you guys to just come off the top of your head in this scene just to get a more real feeling, John sat back in his director's chair.

"Vanessa, Erin just remember what we studied it doesn't have to be perfect we want gritty"

We nodded taking our spots on the scene inside of a kitchen that they had built.

"Quiet on the scene and action" John shouted out.

"You were out late again" Vanessa wiped down the counter with a wash clothe.

"I was working-

"You call being with that no good boy a job?"