The Best Way to Spend a Sick Day

A..A..Achoo! Maka sneezed into her sheets, the sneezing had started late last night. "It's just one sneeze, doesn't mean I'm sick" she had said before sneezing again. The night had been long and filled with lots of sneezes, it was now 7:45 and Maka could safely say she was sick. Soul had already left, he had morning detention with Black Star...again, she was sure he would worry when she didn't arrive at the academy. "I guess I should text him" she said reaching for her phone on the night stand, it was gone. "Oh yeah, it broke on our last mission. I guess he will just have to... achoo! Oh God" she mumbled whipping her nose. "I need to take some medicine before this gets worse" she said with yet another sneeze and raspy cough.

Maka slowly climbed out of bed and walked into the kitchen in search of something to take away her head ache. "God why is it so cold in here" she said opening the door to get the paper, posted on the door was a note,

"Dear Ms. Albarn,

We am sorry to inform you that the heater is out in the entire building. We will inform you when it is back on. Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience and hope you understand."

"Great" Maka said shutting the door behind her and walking back to her room in search of something warmer to wear over her tank-top and shorts. Nothing. Summer was right around the corner and Maka had already put up all her winter things in the attic. Of course the heater would be out on one of the coldest day ever to find its way into March. She sluggishly walked back to the hallway and looked up at the door in the ceiling. She used to think that having an attic was great, only the people on top floor had one, until today it had been a great addition, but only Soul could reach the door. Maka tried but it was no use. Across the hall Soul's door stood open and further inside was his open closest. "Maybe I could borrow something of Soul's" she thought stepping into the messy room. Most of his clothes had found it's way to the floor but there were a few things still hanging in his closet including his black and yellow sweat shirt. She pulled it off the hanger, slipped it on and walked back to the living room.

It wasn't until 8:15 that Soul began to worry. Maka had never been late, not once so where was she? Luckily Stein was away on a mission and first period had become a study hall, sneaking past the sub was easy and Soul had quickly made his way home.

"Maka" he yelled into the apartment.

"Please don't yell" Maka lay balled up on the couch. Her pale skin was paler than usual and her cheeks were red from fever.

"Your sick" he said taking a seat next to her.

"Yeah" she said blowing her nose.

"You runin a fever?" he asked.

"I don't know, I couldn't find the thermometer" she answered.

"And why is it so cold in here?" Soul asked.

"The heater is out in the building" Maka answered.

"Wonderful" Soul replied sarcastically.

"I guess I should try looking for the thermometer again." Maka stood allowing her blanket to fall to the floor and revealing Soul's sweater.

Something about seeing her in his sweater made Soul's heart skip a beat. She was so cute.

"Stop it!" Soul thought to himself, "you can't have feelings for her. She's your partner and she hates men... there's no way she would feel the same way." But it was to late he couldn't stop himself, he stood up and pulled her closer resting his forehead on hers.

Maka's heart stopped, she was so close to Soul, so wonderfully close. It was true, Maka did hate men, thanks to her good for nothing father she couldn't trust them. But Soul was different, she loved him. The problem here was that she was certain he didn't love her. She couldn't have been more wrong.

"I love you" Soul's face turned red, he hadn't meant to say it out loud. What was she going to say? He took a step back turning his face away from her in hopes to hide the blush she had probably already seen. What was she going say? Out of no where Maka began to laugh causing her to start coughing again.

"I love you too Soul, I always told myself I would never love a man but I fell in love with you the day I first met you." Maka blurted out. Before she could say anymore Soul sat back down on the couch and pulled her down next to him pressing his lips against hers. Maka found her way into Soul's lap deepening the kiss, his cold hands slipped up underneath her sweater. It felt so good against her hot back, she wrapped her arms around his cold neck, she was probably wearing his only sweater.

Reluctantly Maka pulled away, and rested her head against his chest."

"If we keep this up your going to get sick too" Maka giggled.

"Well then, I guess we will be sick together."