"So did you call him?" "No, I called one of his contacts." I look over to Elena as she slowly starts to wake up again from her ultimate bitch slap. "You know how this works." She gives me a confused glance as I point over my shoulder to only corridor that is lit up in tangled hang down lights. I raise my finger to my mouth and slowly get up off the ground. "Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?" I give Lena a cheeky wink as I slowly glide across the room, knowing they could hear me at any second. "They say he got it." I hold my breath as I slowly make my way across the doorway into the hall, I look behind me to see Lena not to far behind. "Wonderful. So now what?" "So that's it, Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait." I lean one of my hands onto the wall trying to take some of the weight off of me, hoping and praying Matt didn't jinx my ass this morning. "We can leave right now. We don't have to go through with this." My face scrunches up in concentration as our kidnappers come into view, I turn my head slowly over to Elena looking through my curly mane I nod my head towards their direction, hoping she got the message. "I'm sick of running." "Yeah? Well, running keeps us from dying." Trevor shakes his head as he throws up his hands trying to get the point across to his ugly ass. 

"Elijah is old school. If he accepts our deal we're free." I make it across the door and into the separate hallway that would lead us to our freedom and look back to Lena as she gives me a worried glance. I nod my head encouraging her, but as soon as she places her right foot down a creak admits from it. "You!" I give her an alarmed look "Twin separation!" I yelled before I make the conscious decision to book it down the hallway. My feet pounded down the hallway, blood rushes to my ears as I stumble down the large staircase. I give one last look before I open the heavy door and run as fast as my feet could carry me down the drive way and into the Forrest. I knew them like the back of my hand, I had used them to escape from school. I cried as my bare feet get cut and torn from the abundance of rocks and trees, the Forrest looked the same on all sides of Virginia, you could spend days wondering if you didn't know where you were, but I had the slight inclination that I was about 15-20 miles out of the nearest town, what town? I had no clue,but I kept going because I knew I needed to get to Damon before this Elijah character got to Elena.

It had been about an two hours or so of constant running before I could hear the faint sounds of cars, I look back for the hundredth time, I knew they probably weren't following me but i grew paranoid as the Forrest got silent around me. There had to be a highway close by, I turned my head to the sounds and turned my body to the right as I run in that direction. I gave a cheer as I jump around as I move the trees in front of me and step onto the black tar of the highway. I get down and lay a big fat kiss into the dirty tar and slowly get up, "fuck you Matt and your bad fucking juju! You owe me a drink when I get home!" I yell into the sky as my face grows cold as the sun starts to set in the sky, I was going to lose light fast. I look to my right as I spot a mile marker labeled 6, "thank you god that did so much for me." I curse out as I turn my head and start walking straight ahead hoping I'd catch someone with a phone soon.

"Katherina?" I stop dead in my tracks as horror fills my face as I turn slowly to the British man. He had dark eyes and hair, but his suit was crisp as if he hadn't been running in the woods.  He looks at me with such adoration that I stumble back a minute but before I could talk the man flashes before me and my voice gets stolen from my throat. He tilts his head ever so slightly as he studies my face, inches from me. He looks down curious at my attire before he brings his eyes into mine. "What would have you in such haste?" He questions in his old British before bringing his hand onto my cheek. I was shaking in nerves, I declared that anyone British is the enemy. "Doesn't matter my love." He says so softly that I don't register anything until I feel a pressure on my lips. My eyes widen in shock as the man caresses my face, trying to pull me closer. I try and struggle out of his hold, after a few seconds he leans back with a smile, "always the fighter." My face fills with anger as I reach back and slap him across the face, surprisingly his face turns to the side. His face fills with shock and confusion, "that's reserved for sexy!" I yell as I take the opportunity to shove away from him and take off running once again.