ERT! ERT! ERT!

The two then got off the bed and went downstairs. They found the couch empty as they passed it. Sure enough, Crazy Dave was in the basement, right in front of the laptop.

"How long have you been up?" Josie asked.

"Long enough to make THAT!" Dave replied while pointing at the work bench.

Sitting on the bench was what appeared to be a watermelon with eyes, eyebrows, and a giant basket sticking out of it.

"That's Melon-Pult," Dave continued. "He'll launch giant watermelons at the zombies! They'll do heavy damage, making it our most powerful, non-explosive Plant!"

"That'll be perfect for stopping those giant zombies!" Alex said excitedly.

"What giant zombies?" Crazy Dave asked.

"We'll explain later," Josie told him. "Just plant!"

Dave then turned towards the laptop and began to work his scientific magic.

He began the basic setup of Sunflowers in the back column, as well as the arrangement of Cabbage-Pults, Kernel-Pults, and Umbrella Leaves after that as more Regular and Cone Head Zombies approached.

Soon, over 400 sunawatts were saved up, which was more than enough for a Melon-Pult. When a Catapult Zombie rolled onto the screen, Dave decided to try the new addition to the Pult family.

While the Catapult was caked with butter, Crazy Dave replaced the Cabbage-Pult in the row with a Melon-Pult. The Plant immediately launched a massive watermelon across the roof and onto the Catapult Zombie! After another hit, it was totally destroyed.

Soon, Bucket Heads and Ladder Zombies showed up, as well as a Jack-In-The-Box Zombie. Fortunately, he had enough sunawatts to add a few Magnet-Shrooms and Coffee Beans to weaken them.

After more Catapults came out, the Cabbage-Pults in the rows were slowly but surely replaced by Melon-Pults. The fact that the melons hurt zombies AROUND the intended zombie victim helped a lot, especially when there was a whole column of them.

Finally, when it felt like it was close to the end of the wave, the roof began to shake again.

"Oh, no...!" Alex gasped. "It's back!"

"THIS is what we were talking about, Crazy Dave!" Josie explained to the lunatic.

Suddenly, they all looked at the TV and, sure enough, there was another giant zombie creature on the roof, as well as a small zombie on its back.

"Hey, I feel like I've seen something like that before!" Dave gasped. "I can't remember where, though..."

"Just kill it!" Alex told him. "Figure out what it is later!"

Dave then nodded and quickly planted another Melon-Pult to replace the Kernel-Pult in the same row as the giant zombie. It was doing more damage, but it still wasn't doing enough to kill it quickly enough.

The giant then grabbed the little zombie from its back and chucked it at the Plants! Luckily, though, the force of the watermelons killed it quickly.

After more hits, they could tell the giant was getting more damaged; bruises appeared on his head and arms. But it still seemed it have more than enough life left in it.

POWIE! Crazy Dave then planted a Cherry Bomb and the giant roared and collapsed on the roof, shaking the whole house. After that, there were no more zombies.

"That was close!" Alex gasped. "Those things are tough!"

"And scary!" Josie commented.

"But, luckily, we managed to stop it!" Dave pointed out.