"Welcome to Moon Hills"

Start from the beginning

"Mom, The monsters you talked about are they real?" I asked out of the blues

Dad widened his eyes and glared at me, "You went to the woods."

"Dad, are they real?" Seb asked.

"You two have gone crazy." Mom grabbed his arm.

"Miles, Calm down."

"Serena, The monsters, I told you about was just a figment of my imagination. I created those so that you would fall asleep without any objection. Whatever you saw 10 years ago, was just a dream and you should move on."

"It can't be a coincidence that I saw the same dream on the same day mother." Seb grabbed the sandwich and eyed mother.

"If it wasn't a dream, then how come both of you were back, safely. "

"What do you mean safely, My head was hurt and Serena, she had a bandage around her neck although I didn't remember Serena getting hurt before that. "

"People go missing in those woods mother, almost every day. You can't ignore that." I added.

"Heidi, We have to go we are late and we should not waste any more time for those stupid questions." My father didn't waste a second and rushed towards the door.

My eyes were fixed towards Dad, while Mother's convincing voice reached my ears, “Anyways, Bye honey. We have to go. Take care of yourself." Placing a soft kiss over my forehead, she marched towards Seb, who didn't utter a word while mother kissed his cheeks.

Once, they were gone. Seb and I ate like a horse, before proceeding to our Monday routine. 

Going to School was never the beloved task of my day, On reaching the classroom, as always I took my seat on the second bench, gazing outward till the teacher arrives.

The unexpected halt of conversation between students ensured that the teacher is about 5 seconds away from entering the classroom.

“Good Morning Class!”

“Morning Miss,” I muttered along with the others, transporting my gaze towards the teacher.

‘So, We have a new student.’

“We have a new student here, his name is Alex Johnson.She turned towards the boy, “Welcome to Moon hills. We hope you have a memorable time here.

He was relatively tall, fair with short brown hair and elegant dark blue eyes. His attire was the same as the other white t-shirt with black jeans.

His eyes traveled around for a seat and abruptly rested at my unamused face. Curving his lips to a smirk, he marched past me and took his seat at the nearby table.

‘Strange students equals weird stuff.’ I smiled myself to the thought and start taking notes that were being delivered.

°S E B A S T I A N°

A certain amount of caffeine was just another way to keep me up for boring assignments. I clasped the pen,  gazing at the notebook.

“Can I get you anything, sir?” I turned my gaze towards the owner of the voice, who was a lovely girl with blonde hair, ravishing blue eyes.

“Hot chocolate would be nice.” I replied with a smile, She gave a small nod, “So are you new here? I come to this cafe way to often yet I don't think I remember you.”

She gave a chuckle. “Ivy McHale.”

“What?”

“My name, Ivy McHale. Do I get to know what your name is?”

“Maybe I will tell you after I get my order, Ivy,” I smirked, as she turned away with her notepad

°S E R E N A°

Clasping the book to my chest, I walked my way to the library. The librarian was not present at that very moment, so waited for a while, hoping for her return.

The sound of the timepiece filled between the strange silence, the kind silence which restores the atmosphere before the occurrence of something terrible.

Unexpectedly there was a strange sound of movement that increased with every second, my eyes marched up at the cupboards, which rocked violently against the wall.

Earthquake!’

I trotted up from the seat, to run towards the entrance. A rack knocked over, blocking the entrance. I gasped at the very sight, I try to climb my way out when I realized that another rack was on the verge to drop over my helpless body. 

“Gotcha!”

My eyes widened, when I found myself out of the library, without even a scratch, and the new boy standing by my side with his hand clasped around my arm.

“Thanks”  I answered nearly a minute later.

"Serena, right?" He said unclasping his hands, in frigid tone. I gave a nod and gazed at the empty hallway.

“I am Alex." He said, I gave a small smile, "Why are you so scared?" 

“What do you mean, I nearly hurt myself. It's totally normal if I am afraid.” His eyes rested at mine as if he was trying to read my mind. "How did you do that?"

"How did I do what?"

"Help me, come out of the library."

He leaned towards my face and muttered, "Why don't you find it out yourself, sweetheart.”

I began to create a reasonable distance between us, “I would pretty much want you to give direct answers rather than playing some sort of game with me.”

He gave a laugh and muttered, “Don't you like games, Serena.” I rolled my eyes and walked away, when his voice came abruptly, “By the way, you look pretty nice when you are scared.”

‘Did he just compliment me?’

I held my wrist up to check the time, after a long and exhausting day, marching towards the garage. Retrieving my cycle, I paddled out of the building. The cold air swept across my face, Unexpectedly my eyes caught a glimpse of a pair of eyes within the woods.

 The cold air swept across my face, Unexpectedly my eyes caught a glimpse of a pair of eyes within the woods