6. cold touch

6. cold touch

                   . Zayn Malik

How could she? How was I supposed to teach the dead to be...not dead? What is Gemma trying to do? Why must Harry and me be...friends?

"We are far from friends, Malik." I turned myself around to see Harry sat on one of my chairs, like he owned it. His face was burned once again, and it almost made me cringe. I was going to have to get used to it, I guess.

"Can you change from dead to alive, and see through to touchable?" He nodded.

"Yeah, why?" I shrugged and took my bottom lip between my index finger and thumb.

“Just curious." He laughed, almost coldly and shook his head.

"Curiosity, something you humans should've never had." I rolled my eyes and it was my turn to shake my head.

"You were once a human too." His silence was louder than his insults, and it made me oddly uncomfortable.

"So, what should I do?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Ya know, to be...human, ish." Oh, yeah. That agreement, that I was forced into.

"Have compassion." I said, sarcasm dripping into my tone. His fingers curled into fists and he closed his eyes, jaw clenched, focusing on something.

"You make this quite hard, Malik." I smirked and turned to the sink and finished drying the dishes.

"Is that so?" I questioned.

"Yes. But," I felt his cold breath on mine neck. "I could change all of that. Just with the snap of my-"

"Don't." I said firmly. His cold breath disappeared, and I turned around to find him nowhere in sight.

"No one has really told me what to do before. And if they did, I usually didn't listen. But, I'll give you credit, Malik. You could be intimidating if I was somehow scared of you." I turned to see him sitting on the counter, with an amused glint in his green eyes.

"And how could someone make you scared?" I asked curiously, tapping my nails against the marble counter beside him.

"Control. I control everyone, so if somebody made me vulnerable. I'd be terrified. I'd beg to be set free, do anything." His eyes drifted off and I started thinking.

"But no one can do that, so it really doesn't matter to talk about it. So Malik, how do you be mortal?" He mocked fake interest by setting his elbow on his knee and laid his chin in his palm.

"Breathe. You got that down, you-"

"I don't breathe. I can only touch you and let you touch me. The air you feel on your neck is a fragment of mere imagination. You think I'm breathing on you, but in reality, all I'm doing is standing behind you. Your fear does that to you."

I bit my lip and ran a hand through my hair.

"Okay. Anyway...can other people see you?" I asked. He nodded.

"Can other people touch you?" He nodded.

"If I want them to." I smiled widely and he raised an eyebrow.

"What's going on in that tiny brain of yours?" My smile dropped and I walked out of the kitchen.

"Since it's so tiny, it doesn't have enough energy to tell you." He appeared in front of me, making me halt.

"Then I'll force it to tell me." His index and middle finger connected with my temple. My eyes widened at his cold, abrupt touch.

"What are you doing?" He smiled with big plump pink lips and stuck his tongue out a little in concentration.

"No." He smirked deviously, in defiance. I frowned and slightly rose on my toes.

"You will meet new people. And you will treat them with some damn respect, cause that's apart of being human, you spoiled f.ucker." My finger jabbed into his cold, hard chest. His eyes flashed yellow for a moment and he his face behind his hands.

"F.uck you, Zayn." His body disappeared from my sight, but I knew he wasn't too far. My lips curled up and I looked down at my hands.

"He called me Zayn, finally."

             . Harry Styles

That little s.hit had the audacity to talk to me like that. Oh, he has no idea what he's dealing with. And when his little friends come prancing over...he'll never forget me. My name. Or what I can do.

"Gemma." I called into the white air.

"Yes, Harry?" Her faint figure appeared.

"What exactly do you want me to do with this Malik kid?" She smiled and chuckled.

"You'll both just have to see where this all leads you." I felt her own cold skin against mine.

"You know your eyes flashed yellow, Harry." And she was gone. My eyes widened as realization dawned on me.

"F.ucking bloody hell."

***

Wonder what the whole flashing of yellow eyes mean...

MH xx