Prologue

Why won't they leave? Why won't they just stay away? Stupid humans and their goddamn curiosity. Always gets the best of 'em.

"I wonder what was once here." Wonder. Wander just a bit more. Explore. Venture some more. Deeper into my memories, the ones I've ways fought to protect.

I felt surges of energy run through me and into my fingertips. I looked down at the woman from the balcony and blood start sprouting from her arms. She rubbed it on her shirt, but it never stopped.

"Feel the pain." I whispered as her body was started aflame. Her screams and cries filled my ears. A satisfied smirk made its way to my face as I closed my eyes to bask in this moment.

"Sorry Miss." I opened my eyes to see her ash and with the simple snap of my fingers, it was out of my sight. Days like today were days when I felt like being...a bit generous. I could've done way worse, I could've banished her to where I sent most of my "visitors". "The Brink".

You wouldn't want to ever go to The Brink. It's worse than the most brutal murder. It lasts forever...never stopping. Flames licking your skin, water filling your lungs, eyes being gouged out, and put back in, only to be pulled out again. And then the cutting.

One by one, a piece of a limb to the next. And when it was over-at least you thought it would be-it starts again. Your greatest nightmare, keeping you in its arms. Strangling you, burning you, disabling you to do anything but sit and feel the pain. They all deserved to feel my pain.

They left me to die in that building. I could hear cries for help, but never had they attempted to come for me. I was just brutally beaten and they sat and wacthed.

I looked out of the broken window to see two cars parked next to the house in front of mine. No.