31| What's Coming

Start from the beginning

Cinney's walk was definitely different. Just like Rome, Cinney grew up privileged. With that came a ton of pressure from her parents. They instilled good posture into their daughter at a very young age, and she carried that with her into her adult years. Right now, Cinney's posture was slouched and her walk wasn't as graceful. She looked like she was in pain.

"Somebody gotta ask?" Georgia mentioned with a shrug. She had a bad feeling about all of this since day one. Now pointing out all of the odd things about Cinney now, was just confirming her feelings.

Rome rolled her eyes. Just like Cinney left her high and dry, she was gonna do the same. Whatever Cinney has going on, was no longer her concern.

Usiah shook his head in response to Georgia. If she was enduring what they suspected, it would be wrong to just bombard her with questions and concerns. The best thing they could possibly do was get some hard facts then approach her.

Throughout the day, Usiah and the ladies continued to take mental notes of Cinney. They observed her actions, interactions with clients, and the numerous amount of phone calls she received where she would repeatedly tell the person on the line that she was still working.

All of this pointed Usiah and the ladies to one conclusion, but it was still up in the air. It wouldn't be right to hound her since they really had no proof to support their speculations. Like Usiah suggested, they held off for now.

Rome on the other hand, didn't give a damn. She stayed quiet the entire time.

Since the shop wasn't uplifting and jubilant as it always was, time theoretically went slower. Once the day was over, all the stylist  were ready to get into their cars and go home. "I'm ready to get the fuck—ASAP!" Posh mocked causing Usiah and the ladies to laugh since they were real familiar with the video circulating social media.

"You're annoying," Rome shook her head as she got in her car.

"I'm serious. I'm tired, sick, and my whole body is in pain," Posh complained as she exited the doors of Allure, followed by Usiah and the rest of the girls.

Georgia snickered at Posh's complaints. "Duke must've did a number on you last night," She teased causing all of them to laugh except for Posh, who just stale faced her.

"Mind your hippie business bitch," She warned Georgia.

After saying goodbye to one another, they all got into their cars and went their separate ways.

Bradley got to her condo in no time and bummed when she realized that Rashad was not home, awaiting her. Setting her bags down on the counter, she furrowed her brows at a little note Rashad had left behind. Rashad usually would text her, but as unusual as it was, Bradley read it anyway.

I'll be back home late, don't wait up. Love you.

Bradley let out a huff of frustration since she had her mind set on cuddling with Rashad when she got home. Through their conversation via text, he never mentioned going out meaning whatever he had planned tonight was sudden.

With a pout, Bradley grabbed her phone and dialed Posh's number. She answered on the third ring. "Is Duke at your place?" Was the first thing Bradley asked. She knew if Posh replied no, that meant the two were out together concluding their lengthy wrap sheet of jobs.