Day 02 - Ribbons & Bells

Weeks passed since the Annual Discussion Conference in Cloud Recesses and everyone was already back to their own sects; the same went for Jiang Cheng. He was now in Lotus Pier, supervising the training conducted by Yunmeng Jiang Sect disciples. The day was not too hot nor was it cold, but it was enough to make Jiang Cheng desperately wish Lotus Pier could be at least a bit colder than this. He remembered that Wei Wuxian ever told him that the summer in Gusu was not as hot as it was in Yunmeng. Should he use that as an excuse to visit Gusu again? After all, he hadn't heard anything from Sect Leader Lan ever since his departure. The last thing Lan Xichen told him was that he was welcome at Cloud Recesses anytime he wished to visit.

A servant walked to the small table he installed next to his seat and placed a bowl of peeled lotus seed on it. The servant bowed to him before walking away as Jiang Cheng eyed the bowl. "He used to like this a lot. Does he still like it?" He mindlessly picked one of the lotus seeds and put it in his mouth. With the energetic shout from the big field in front of him filled with hundreds of Jiang disciples, Jiang Cheng decided to give Cloud Recesses another visit soon with some gift in mind.

After making necessary arrangement and asking one of his senior disciples to help him overlook the sect in his absence, as usual, Jiang Cheng climbed on the ship filled with many freshly-picked lotus pods he picked himself and set to go to Gusu. On the way, he peeled and ate some of the lotus seed and silently made a wish. ' Hopefully, this can ease the tension between us. '

After spending some time on the boat, Jiang Cheng and two of his disciples arrived at Cloud Recesses. He insisted to bring the lotus pods himself and told the disciples who joined him to stay in the boat. While hugging the lotus pods around his arms, he walked towards the gate to enter the Cloud Recesses and saw a somewhat familiar face of a Lan disciple. If he was not mistaken, this disciple was one of Jin Ling's close friends. He walked towards that Lan disciple who was currently brushing the pathway in front of the gate from all the dried leaves.

Lan Jingyi noticed Jiang Cheng's presence and grew nervous immediately. He threw the broom he was holding and bowed to him. "S-Sect Leader Jiang, good morning!"

"Is Wei Wuxian in there?" Jiang Cheng asked after acknowledging Lan Jingyi's greetings.

"Senior Wei, Hanguang-Jun, and Sizhui are out since two days ago," Lan Jingyi replied with a shake of his head.

Jiang Cheng felt dumb for not even checking whether Wei Wuxian was in Cloud Recesses or not despite knowing that Wei Wuxian could rarely stay in one place before he whined for being bored and started running around or away. He then remembered one more person he came to see besides Wei Wuxian and opened his mouth again, "What about Sect Leader Lan?"

"Zewu-Jun is here. Does Sect Leader Jiang wish to meet him?" Lan Jingyi replied.

"If he's not busy, yes,"

Lan Jingyi nodded. "Please follow me inside. I will go to Sect Leader Lan to ask whether he is available or not."

As Jiang Cheng followed Lan Jingyi inside, he suddenly got an idea to visit Lan Xichen by himself instead of waiting around Cloud Recesses. "I'll go meet Sect Leader Lan myself. Is he in his hanshi ?"

Lan Jingyi widened his eyes in surprise; he was clearly hesitant whether to let Sect Leader Jiang just walk to Sect Leader Lan's hanshi or not. Either choice seemed to bring his demise. Should he allow Sect Leader Jiang to venture by himself, there was a possibility he would have to copy the Lan Sect's rules while doing a handstand again. However, should he forbid Sect Leader Jiang from doing what he wanted, there was a possibility he got whipped by Zidian, and he knew he wouldn't like that outcome as well. "With all due respect, Sect Leader Jiang, maybe waiting here is the be-- huh? Sect Leader Jiang?" Lan Jingyi looked around and found that he was standing alone. "Oh god..."