Chapter 1

Allison

"Allison, you need to get up, it's already 8:30." My mother calls from down the hall. I sigh, sliding off my bed and heading into the bathroom. Mom and I had moved around quite a bit since I was born. We never seemed to stay in a single place for very long, hopefully this time it would be different but I wasn't counting on it. I grabbed my make up brushes and applied some basic make up, there wasn't really any reason to try too hard. I brush my teeth and style my hair with some simple curls before pulling it into a high ponytail. 

 I make my way to my closet and scan my options. I decide on a simple gray sweater with some light ripped jeans. The weather was cooler here in Chicago. I glance at my reflection quickly before making my way down the stairs to the kitchen where my mother stood attempting to cook breakfast. I giver her a curt nod before taking a seat at the island. 

 "Excited for your first day?" She asks, smiling brightly as she flips the pancakes.

"Ecstatic," I pop off sarcastically, rolling my eyes. My mother frowns and averts her eyes.

She ignored my sarcasm and continues to cook. A few minutes later she slides a plate in front of me and begins to clean up. I eat a few bites before running back upstairs to grab my bad for school. My first day of senior year at yet another school full of people I didn't know.

I grab my keys and head for the door. I drive a red Honda Civic 2019, it's basically my child. Mom had recently bought it for me out of pity. She was a nurse and worked the night shifts usually. 

"I'll see you tomorrow honey, I hope you have a great first day," I roll my eyes and head out the door without saying a word. I was so tired of this.

I get into my car and head towards the school, plugging the address into my gps. I arrive about 15 minutes later and head into the main office doors. I notice a lady sitting at the front with dark hair and thin-rimmed glasses. I make my way over to her, stopping at her desk.

"Good morning!" She beams. I smile in return, offering her my name.

"Allison Manning," I glance around the office. She types something into her computer and prints out a schedule for me. I grab the schedule from her and am then handed a lock for my new locker. 

"I'll have someone show you to your locker and first class, we're so happy to have you here with us and we want to make the transition as easy as possible! Please, don't hesitate to stop by and ask any questions you may have!" She exclaims, reaching for what looked to be a pager. "Go ahead and take a seat while you wait!" She motions to some seats against a wall. I nod and make my way over, plopping down.

About 5 minutes later a thin girl with curly blonde hair and bright green eyes comes bouncing around the corner. I knew instantly she was popular. She was decked out in expensive jewelry and had on a jean jacket with a light pink shirt underneath. She smiles brightly at me, and I stand to meet her. 

"I'm Rachel!" She exclaims, instantly enveloping me in a hug. I freeze, completely shocked she was so forward. "We're so excited you're here! I'll show you where your locker is and then take you to your class!" She grabs my hand and begins pulling me into the school. I have no time to say anything and just follow her quietly. "What's your name?" She whips around facing me as we walk.

"I'm Allison." I glance around the hall, taking it all in. The walls were painted white and red and were lined with rows of red lockers. Rachel smiles at me and leads me up to my locker. I read the number, 407. I open it quickly, and grab a few books that were inside before placing them inside my bag. Once I'm finished, I place the lock I was given onto it and follow Rachel as she heads towards my first class.