03

AFTER DINNER, AUNT ELIN and her husband Geronimo stepped outside to join us. Aunt Elin is probably the most extra out of her ten siblings, and yes, all three families in this city had ten children per generation so expect a huge and long-ass competition because of the population. They had to rent a whole stadium just for the friendly competition which is entertaining to watch, to be honest, because almost all of them are very competitive and know how to have fun.

"So," Elin chirped after sitting down across from us with her husband beside her. "How old are you two?" she asked, pointing at each of us with those red acrylic nails of hers that match her lipstick.

"Eighteen." we both answered, sounding unamused. The couple nodded in amusement before continuing the conversation.
"How do you like the mansion so far?" Geronimo asked.
"Oh, I think it's beautiful," I replied, which is amazingly true.

Elin smiled widely because of that. The couple then turns to Leo-who is unsure of what to say.

"Uhm, it's pretty cool I guess. I like it," he answered causing the couple to laugh.
"Oh, you'll like it even more once we show you to your rooms," Elin exclaimed as she grabbed our hands and led us back inside the dining hall.

"Where are you going?" the mafia satan asked.
"I'll show them to their rooms father, you too Jared, come along!" she announces excitedly. So we all walked up the stairs with Jared following from behind, and I just kinda zoned out when the couple told stories about their life here in the mansion which was totally unnecessary for today because we hardly knew them.

After reaching the third floor, Geronimo led the boys to the left side of the floor while Aunt Elin and I headed in the opposite direction.

While walking, Elin linked her arms with mine while I glanced at the painted portraits of every family member in this household.

But I abruptly stopped when I saw my father's portrait next to Jared and a blank canvas that already had my name on it. My father looked young in this painting, probably twenty years old or more.

"He was twenty-one years old at that time," Aunt Elin informed. "And your brother was eighteen," she said after pointing at my brother's serious face. "And since you are already here, you'll have your face painted on that blank canvas as soon as possible." she reminded with a gentle pat on the head.

I was looking for more paintings but that blank canvas reserved for me was the last one because a large blue tapestry was next to it and nothing more.

Aunt Elin turned me around and I saw a large sky-blue door with my name carved on top of it. The name already looked a bit old, have they been preparing for my arrival ever since then?

"Go ahead, open it." Aunt Elin states calmly. I looked at her, feeling a little shy so she gave a cheerful smile and gestured me to open it. So I did, and my eyes have been blessed with aesthetics.
"Wow," I whispered as I stopped in the middle of the huge room.
"Your grandparents and your father prepared this room for you," Aunt Elin explained as she watched me walk around the room.

"Elios regretted marrying your mother Victoria," she said and sounded a little worried. "Your grandfather knew this would happen so they created this room for you in case Victoria kicks you all out including your nameplate for the painting and the door in case they forgot where your room is."

I looked back at her, intrigued.

"When did they make this Aunt Elin?"
"When you were sixteen, because that was the age you found yourself and became mature—according to Elios' realization," she replied, chuckling at the latter part of her sentence.

I wanted to thank her because I knew she had a part in decorating my room for I thought I heard her mentioning that she was an interior designer. But, she was already gone and when I tried to look around the hallway, there was no sign of her.

So I closed the door and looked at my new room once more.

The entire walls were painted pastel blue while the ceiling and the floor were white, and since the floor is tiled-they had to put a large pastel blue carpet that feels like soft feathers to my feet.

There's a queen-sized bed in between two windows, the sheets are white except for the blanket which is pastel blue.

On the right side of the room, there's a huge closet colored in pastel blue with white borders and on the left side of the room, there's a table with a computer and a printer that looks brand-new.

This is too much, I don't deserve this.

"How much did this all cost?" I asked myself as I entered the bathroom. The bathroom looks pretty normal, there's a medium-sized sink, a bathtub with a showerhead, and a toilet.

I looked outside through the window, I noticed the side of my bed was in front of the front yard while the other left side was in front of the back yard. I got a full view up here and I'm not gonna complain about it because it looks awesome.

Geez, this is all thanks to my grandparents and my father.