26

I DIDN'T KNOW Stuart was such a brat, he was the first one to swing that door open and trudge inside like a confident mom whose about to introduce his child to the whole family he was going to marry her off to.

And that was me because I looked like a gift being handed to an irresponsible owner.

"Alright, we got what you wanted, where is the money?" Stuart yelled while three kids sprawled on the living room carpet lifted their heads just to look at him. Noticing the three, he casually waved at them like they'd known each other for years while I stood there, sweating bullets.

"Hey," I called the other guy in a whisper so he leaned closer, with a grin on his face. "What's your name, by the way? And, are you just gonna leave me here or what?" I asked in a hurry making him laugh.

"Well, my name is Vince, nice to meet you, dear Luna," he secretly held his hand up and I simply acknowledged it. "And, no. We're not gonna leave you here, we're just gonna wait until your knight in fucking shining armor sneaks in and fucking announces a fucking blood bath."

That made me chuckle, I haven't felt this since I started running for my life. Vince is a natural charmer, I could tell. From the way Stuart looks at him whenever he gets a chance, I could tell.

"Alright gay man, I'll get ready and─" I fumbled with my words when the door from upstairs swung open.

"Incredible," a woman in her fifties exclaimed. "You came earlier than I expected." she let out a blasted laugh making me wince.
"We told you, we're professionals," Stuart spoke, constantly gripping his wrist from behind while Vince and I stood in silence.

I couldn't help but stare at the woman, her appearance was marvelous and her presence was filled with charisma and confidence. But, no matter how fabulous she looked, she was still the enemy and I shouldn't praise her for that one reason alone.

"My, my, my," her gentle manner and honeyed tone sounded very nice yet dangerous, how is she still existing? "You gorgeous thing," she said in a teasing tone before grabbing my chin to lift it. "With your genes, you'll be able to give wonderful children to my son."

Screw you, fucking wench. My languid facial expression turned into a scowl after hearing that from her, how in the hell does she expect me to bear a child for his son? I already have a mate for fuck's sake.

"Not gonna happen, witch." I snapped. Vince shoved me by the arm after that but that didn't faze me, I was mad but that didn't stay for long when a strange man from behind kissed me on the cheeks. And then suddenly, my whole system went array, and that alone made me cry.

As I cried in silence, he ordered Vince to take me upstairs to get some rest. That voice made me confused. It was as if the man I fell in love with became a memory after hearing that brand-new voice. And I didn't even realize that I was already in a room after being put in a daze that I never wanted to be put in.