Rosalie sat up, wondering if she would go to Seattle alone or with Alice. Her bedroom door flew open, and Alice jumped in. "I would love to go to Seattle with you!" Rosalie clenched her teeth together. "I saw it when you thought it! It's not my fault! Let's go!" Alice hopped onto one leg like a ballerina. She spun in a pirouette and hopped out of the doorway. Rosalie sighed and followed her exuberant sister. They took Rosalie's BMW, hitting 150 mph before they were even out of Forks.

Bella had just gotten into her house when her cell phone rang. She dropped her backpack and shook off her coat. The pouring rain was really putting a damper on her day. Bella fished her phone out of her pocket. "Hello?"

"Bella, it's Deputy Mark."

"Hey Mark, what's up?"

"I have to tell you something, and I need you not to freak out."

"Mark, what's wrong?"

"It's Charlie." Bella leaned against the wall heavily. "He's missing. All my officers are out looking for him, but I thought it was time to call you."

"What happened?" Bella's voice was a harsh whisper.

"We got a call of a kid missing North of the 110. She walked off her family's property. She's five, so we knew she hadn't gone far. Well, we sent out a few officers. We found the girl, but we haven't found Charlie. He's not answering his walkie, and the dogs can't find him in the rain. We're going back out, but I just thought you should know."

Bella's face went numb. She started shaking. "How long has he been missing?"

"It's been about three hours. We're not worried yet Bells, we'll find him."

"Thank you-thanks for telling me." Bella hung up her phone and went outside, locking the door behind her. The sky was dark, and she could feel the pressure from a storm that wasn't going to let up in the next few hours. The oppressive darkness was not going to let up before true night fell. Bella prepared to call the Cullen's. She needed help. She was halfway to calling Alice when she realized that North of the 110 would put Charlie in the Quileutes land, or at least too close for the wolves' comfort. Bella hit the back button and called Sam. She needed her pack. Bella tied extra clothes to her leg and set off. They needed to find Charlie.<

Where did they last see him? Sam asked from miles away. Bella played back the phone call for the pack. Okay, we're going to fan out. Leah's going to join you. We'll conduct a large sweep From La Push to Forks. We'll run parallel to each other. I doubt he got that far, but we'll search up to Ozette Lake if we have to.

Bella's desperation sunk into the other wolves. They quickly began the search. Bella, it's okay. We'll find him. He's family. Jacob reassured her.

The police dogs lost him, Bella stressed.

Their noses aren't as strong as ours. We'll find him. Sam thought out strategy. We'll keep within two miles of the road. The chances of Charlie crossing the Sol Duc River is unlikely if he was looking for a lost five-year-old.

The wolves covered miles and miles of land. From La Push Road to the Sol Duc River, they searched every inch. Bella and Leah hit where 110 disappears into Forks. They swept North again, finding where the river headed North. We've got his scent! Leah shouted.

The relief flowed through Bella. They ran towards the river. They could smell Charlie, but suddenly his scent disappeared into the swollen river. Shit, she moaned.

Leah, Sam ordered, Search the other side of the river. Bella, stay on the Southern side. Do a thorough sweep. Follow the river as far as you can until you find him. Leah gave a nonverbal confirmation before she leaped the full width of the river.