A prominent blush appeared on her cheeks as she acted like she was hit by an arrow on her left chest.

"Uhh... Tahomaru-sama's smile attack is more potent than before". The princess spoke, her actions making Kou watch her with a deadpan expression.

Haru suddenly gasp after letting out a short 'Kyah!' when the ground she was standing on suddenly collapsed. With widened eyes, Dororo, Hyakkimaru and Kou tried to reach out to her in hopes of being able to stop her from falling.

"Haru!"

Unfortunately, only Kou was successful in doing it. Her hand was able to grab the edges of Haru's cloak. But she too was pulled by the gravity together with Haru. Feeling herself falling with the princess, Kou let out a shriek.

"Nggaaaahhhh!!!"

"Kou!"

Tahomaru yelled in panic, seeing the two girls falling. His body moved by instinct and ran at full speed to catch the falling girls together with Hyogo who also moved despite being injured.

The young man grunted when his back meets the rock solid ground. He sighed in relief, seeing that the brunette in his arms is unharmed. Tahomaru turned his head and was also relieved to see that Haru wasn't also harmed.

"Are you okay?!" Kou frantically asked as her face hovered over him.

Tahomaru merely stared at her face. She was so close to him. Their skins were touching and she was straddling his waist. He remembered the last time they were on this position. The girl also fell that time. He couldn't stop the smile that adorned his face when he remembered it.

Reaching out his hands, Tahomaru cupped her warm cheeks. The feel of her skin against his palms sending his heart pounding rapidly.

"I'm okay". He breathed out.

The worried expression on her face finally relaxing. He was a little disappointed when she suddenly pulled away and helped him in sitting up.

"I'm glad." She said with a sigh. "I thought I might crush you with my weight. I mean, this is the second time I fell on you, right?"

Seeing her the same as she was before they parted, the smile on his face widened.

"I will catch you, no matter how many times you fall on me." Was his response, making the girl giggle. "If only you could fall for me, not only literally". he added. And because Kou was busy trying to stop her giggles, her ears weren't able to pick up his last sentence.

"It's been a while, Tahomaru". She said, after stopping her laughs. Her thin lips pulled into a cheeky smile as she sat comfortably between his legs while facing him.

Seeing her give him a smile and hearing his name being said by her mouth, Tahomaru wasn't able to stop himself from pulling her into a tight hug.

His arms circled around her smaller body, pulling her closer, feeling her warmth that he was missing until now. His face nuzzled on her neck, inhaling her scent that reminded him of vanilla. His lips didn't fail to give her hair feathery kisses as he closed his eyes.

He wasn't dreaming, Kou was really in front of him, within his arms. And nothing made him happier when he felt her slim arms circled around his waist and gave him light pats on his back.

"I miss you".

He whispered in her right ear, mouth pressed against the skin as his warm breath tickled her. Tahomaru almost laughed when he felt her body jolt because of his action. He slightly pulled away to rest his forehead against hers and stare straight into her blue eyes.