Chapter Two

My room was huge and very beautiful. The bed was a nice queen size and my room own bathroom which is a plus. I look around the room I couldn't believe that I was here. I walk to the closet to find my dresses and shoes. I walk to the dresser and pulling out my pajamas. I had almost everything that was in my old room in this one. It still wasn't the same tho. I am not taking anything for granted. I miss my family the people  I love are no longer here. But I need to try and move on. I know my mom would want me to do that. Even if I been trying I need to get myself prepared for school tomorrow. To make everyone think everything is okay. So I get dress and look around my room to distract me. The picture hanging in my room was one that my dad painted. It is a beautiful picture of a little girl split in half (not like bloody) but just a line down the middle one side was what that little girl is to be, and the other one was the what society wanted her to grow up and act like. He told me to "always go with my heart and not listen  to what the media says. Just be you beautiful self."

             At the time I didn't know what he was meaning but as I get older I understood. He was a very deep person. Most people would cry thinking of this but I am to numb. And if anything it makes me warm inside to remember him that way. But it hit me in the pit of my stomach that feeling of  loss. I look away from the painting and I look over to the double doors on the other side of my room. Opening the curtains and looking out the window. I couldn't believe it was actually a balcony with an amazing view, there are some chairs on it. I sit down on the chair breathing in deeply and looking at the nice sunset.

       There's a knock on my door.  That apparently I didn't hear because Kay just walked right into my room.

  "Skylar where are you? Dinner is ready." I hear her say. I get up and look at where she is. She is looking through my clothes and I frown and clear my throat. She needs to know that I don't appreciate her going through my stuff.

    "Can I help you?" I snap at her and close the doors to the balcony. She jumps in surprise and I just stare her down.

"Oh right. Well dinner is ready." She slams the closet doors close and walked out. I knew she was going to be trouble from the start. "And you mite want to out on some clothes because Mr. Mike doesn't like it when you wear your PJs to the table." She smirks and leaves

         Wow. I just changed. I walk to the clothes and slip on a comfy purple dress with the back cut out in a heart.  I walk back down to the main hall before going to the dinning room. I could only tell where it is because of the smell of delicious food.

"Right Skylar there you are. " Luke says as I walk in. They all look at me and I awkwardly sit down.

"You don't need to feel awkward Skylar." Alice said. As she serves her self some mashed potatoes.

"Oh. I well... Hey everyone," I smile looking around. Luke and Alive are the only ones who smiled at me. Kaylina just stared then rolled her eyes and Mike was to busy eating.

"Well dig in!" Alice smiles at me.

"Thank you." I nod and start to eat. I haven't been able to eat a lot for a while. I think its stress. I ate some mashed potatoes and some steak but everything else was to much for me. It is so silent no one was talking to asking questions. Until Luke spoke up. "So Alice how are you liking your room?" He smiles at me. He had dimples, ugh he is really amazing looking.

"It is very nice. I love the view." I nod and looking at him.    

"That's good." He smiled," do you play any sports?"

"Yes I play softball and rugby" I smile

"Oh rugby that is a rough sport." Alice chimes in

"Yeah but its very fun." I smile and look back to my food.