8

Bruce carried Cassidy in his arms as they went up in the elevator. He looked down at the two girls and noticed that they seem to be having a silent conversation. He became confused since they weren't mouthing words. Its as if they were talking telepathically. He was sure to question them when he took care of her wounds.

He noticed Ava shaking her head as she glared at Cass and she glared back. Looking down at Cassidy, he saw her pout and narrow her eyes. She was cute when she did that. Then he noticed parts of her wounds, he frowned when she started bleeding a little.

He grew anxious and looked up at the numbers going up. 'Come on.. 'he thought he didn't want his mate to bleed out on him.
Though he did want to know how she got those wounds. They were deep, he could only imagine how much pain she was in. He then started growing a bit angry, but he took deep breaths. Calming the hulk inside him, he wanted to know who had hurt her. He knew it wasn't the two kids since they weren't covered in blood.

He glances back down at his mate and saw her munching on a burrito. His brow furrowed, where did she get that? He was sure that her friend didn't have anything with her. He lost his train of thought when he stared at her lips when cheese stretched out from the burrito to her mouth.

He gulped, 'oh, how kissable were her lips.' Wait he shouldn't be thinking about that now. The mate bond must be taking effect, suddenly the elevator dinked and the doors opened arriving at Tony's lab.

Cass's POV:

She felt secure in his strong arms, he radiated warmed and she felt safe. They stood in the elevator in silence, as they waited for their floor.

' How did you get those wounds? ' I looked at Ava and she pointed to her head indicating that she had linked our minds.

I frowned ' I got them this morning' I told her through my thoughts. She then looked confused ' what how?' she asked me.

I sighed ' I'll tell you when we're in the lab. I want to tell my mates, they'll want to know too. ' I told her.

' also tell them about us being sorceress..' I commented through our mind link. Her eyes widened then narrowed.

' what?!? ' she yelled in my mind and started shaking her head. I scowled at the volume giving me a temporary headache.

' I'm going to tell them, Ava, they're my mates' I reasoned.

' no'

' yes'

' no, damn it Cass ' she glared at me

' damn it, Ava part of the avengers have powers. Heck, they're literally villains and heroes in New York. ' I rationalized.

She sighed and shook her head, still glaring

' we'll see ' she said, I grinned ' thanks' I told her. Knowing she'll give in when the moment comes.

' now I'm hungry' i pouted at her, she frowned and conjured up a burrito.

I happily took it and started eating it. I realized how tired I was getting. If I hadn't eaten any time soon. My illusions would for sure have gone down, exposing my scars. The elevator dinged, the doors opened revealing computers and tech equipment everywhere.

As we entered, I noticed how the whole floor was literally a lab. Except for a corner that seems to be a bar stand. Bruce carried me to a metal table and gently perched me on the edge. Ava wandered around, staring at the computers.

" Don't touch anything?" Bruce told Ava while he fetched a rolling chair and a medkit. He hesitantly sat between my legs and we now sat face to face, he smiled at me blushing slightly. I smiled back and finished my burrito. I took off my jacket, I notice him blushing again.