0

This chapter would have a horrific scene, but it is an important part of the story. I'm truly sorry if you don't like it, but as I said before it's an important part of the story.

Third POV:

" HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! "

The Sanchez family cheered for the young girl's 12th birthday as she blew out her candles.

" I can't wait to see your soul mark!" Cass's mother exclaimed excitedly. As more whoops and squeals erupted from the crowd.

You see Cass had a big family, relatives from around the world came to Texas to celebrate the exciting event of her birthday.

Her parents cut the cake and passed it around the family. There were rows of tables as they all sat down to eat. She was congratulated and hugged by her aunts, uncles, friends, and cousins. Thanking each of them she went over and got a cake.

She was so excited. She couldn't wait to see her soul mark. Since they would normally appear sometime during the day. It was currently 6:00 in the evening and she knew she would get her soul mark soon. She just had to wait, she sat down with her friends and cousins. Enjoying the party, when her aunt approached her. She was relatively young in her early twenties, she was wearing a blouse with blue jeans, and had a black obsidian crystal hanging from a necklace.

" so how do you feel now that you're 12? Did your soul mark appear yet?" She asked her as she sat down next to her.

" I feel good, Luciana and no not yet " cass responded cheerfully, bouncing slightly in her seat. She was excited, excited that her famous aunt was sitting and talking with her. She heard stories surrounding her aunt. Of how she was a powerful sorceress with powers that have been pass down from a long line of sorcerers.

She chuckled " please call me Luci, after all, you'll become my apprentice "

Her jaw dropped and her eyes widened, shocked at the new information.

" the- then that means I I... " she stuttered, as she tries to crasp the new information.

" OmG, my baby she going to be a sorceress!" Her mother gushed at her daughter, hugging her tightly.

"Maaa" Cass exclaimed at her mother.

She turned back to her aunt

" So I have powers? " she asked her aunt still in her mother's hug.

" yes, it is strong I can feel it, that's why I would be training you to be the next sorceress".

Suddenly a loud crash erupted in the family backyard. Her aunt suddenly felt a source of power from the crash.

Screams and wails suddenly erupted in the crowd. As her relatives try to run from a source of the crash.

Finally, Cass could see what or rather who crashed her party.

A man in his late twenties stood in the middle of the field. He was wearing all black with a black leather jacket. He was fairly big with muscles, but his eyes were what shook her to the core. Both eyes were pitch black, you couldn't see a single white, a horrible scar went over his right eye. As he stared right at her.

Scared was an understatement as to what Cassidy was feeling, she was terrified. She grew up as a normal young Latina girl with her family. Sure she heard stories of the horrors her aunt had fought. Like the demons and monsters that lurk in the shadows, but she never saw anything like this.

Yeah, it was a shock for her joyful innocent mind of hers.

Her aunt stood in front of her, averting the gaze of the newcomer.