eight

thursday, june 13th, 12:30 pm. SMHS cafeteria.

"prom is next week," renjun starts.

"i thought we all agreed we weren't going," jeno chimes in. donghyuck notices jaemin squeezing jeno's hand. donghyuck smiles.

"we should hang out!" chenle suggests.

"i'm down but i can't sleep over. my mom wants me taking care of the fish tomorrow," donghyuck props his elbows on the table and leans his head into his hands.

"your mom cares more about the fish than your happiness, how sad," jisung says dramatically, earning a slap from donghyuck.

"we'll hang out at my place," renjun says. his house was in the middle of everyone's. chenle and jisung lived on the west side of town, jeno lived north and donghyuck and jaemin lived in the east. renjun lives in the center of town.

they all leave the cafeteria opting to go outside since the weather was getting better. donghyuck passes mark on the way out. they ignore each other. donghyuck feels hurt for the first time.

donghyuck loves his friends the most. he would be so lost without them. he watches jisung and chenle chase after each other. they scream about something donghyuck doesn't understand. donghyuck looks at his side and looks at renjun. renjun is laughing at jisung and chenle. behind them all, jeno and jaemin share a soft kiss, it's a secret though.

throughout the whole day donghyuck is stuck in his own world. he doesn't hear what the teacher is saying. he feels so weird. a weird feeling that doesn't seem to go away.

everything sounds muffled to donghyuck.

donghyuck trudges home.

he wishes he could text mark but he knows it's safer this way.

donghyuck falls asleep and reflects on his relationship with mark. he's so sad, he wants to be with mark so bad but that isn't how things work in this town.

this town is always the same, nothing changes.

___
sorry it's short :( long chapter soon! <3