Part 5

Jael groaned as sleep started to fade away. She opened her eyes and struggled to gain her bearings when they met the sheet above her. Oh, right. The fort. She groaned again as she shifted a little. She suddenly remembered Sam as she felt him tighten his grip around her waist a bit as she moved.

     Jael turned her head to look over her shoulder at the sleeping giant behind her. The light in the room was fading as shadows from the evening sun filtered through the lace curtains, casting shapes on the white walls. It was still light enough; however, that she could make out Sam's features. They looked so soft in the waning light. His thick eyelashes brushed the tops of his cheeks, strands of his hair fell across his forehead, and his lips were slightly parted.

     Sam took in a sudden breath as his body started to wake up. He opened his eyes and stared at her. "Hey," Jael smiled softly.

     "Hey," Sam replied, smiling in return.

     Jael didn't know how long they stared at each for before Sam leaned forward his lips gently grazing over hers. He tightened his grip on her waist as he pulled her closer against him, deepening the kiss.

     Jael turned over on her back as Sam propped himself up on his elbow, his forearm coming to rest under her head. His other hand cupped her cheek as he continued to kiss her. He lightly nipped at her bottom lip, causing her to break away from the kiss, a giggle escaping her throat. His chuckle matched hers before he captured her lips again. This time his tongue grazed her lower lip, and she permitted him entrance as his tongue explored her mouth.

     His hand made its way down her arm and back up again before crossing over to her clothed abdomen. His hand found its way under her tank top as his fingers skimmed over her bare stomach, causing her breath to catch in her throat. Sam trailed his hand down and caressed her thigh before making his way back up.

     Jael's hands were around him, running her hands up and down underneath his shirt. She could feel the scars along his torso as her fingertips grazed over his bare skin. Their fingers and tongues danced for a while before Jael realized that she had not yet recoiled from Sam's touch. In fact, she had been so caught up in him, that the fear had not even reared its ugly head.

     Tears pricked at the back of her eyes at the realization that instead of wanting to run away from him, she wanted more of him. Desired more of him. Needed more of him. She found her hand gently running along Sam's inner thigh, eliciting a groan from him and causing him to break the kiss. There was just enough light coming in from the streetlight outside that she could see his face, his eyes reflecting the same desire she felt.

     "I love the way you touch me," Jael breathed out. She took his hand that was now resting on her abdomen and placed it over her clothed core, her hips bucking slightly at the soft pressure of his palm on her already sensitive bud.

     "Are you sure you're ready for this?" Sam questioned apprehensively. His concern for her and not wanting to overstep his bounds caused Jael to want him even more.

     She nodded slowly. "I feel like I can trust you with my body," she whispered.

     Sam grinned. "I'm glad," he said, leaning down and kissing her again, removing his hand from her core and placing it gently on her cheek. He pulled away again and looked into her eyes with nothing but love. "We'll go slow. And if there's ever a time that you need me to stop, just say the word," he said gently, moving his hand back down. She nodded again.

     He slipped his fingers into her waistband and gently pulled her shorts over her legs as she reached down and helped before lying back against his arm again. His fingers gently caressed her inner thighs before finding her swollen bud. She gasped as his fingers deftly created small, gentle circles around her already wet clit. Pleasure, like electricity, coursed through her body and her hips bucked again. She could feel every muscle tense up at the sensation building in her core. Jael closed her eyes as she relished the feelings flowing throughout her body. When she opened them again she found Sam watching her intently, desire reflected in his eyes.