Chapter 30

It's been a few days since I got back to my 'real life'. Phoebe hasn't left my side, and like a true momma bear, has taken care of me all day long. Death said we could begin with my training when I fully regained my strength. Days have passed and I think I'm good to go. But Death was nowhere to be found. I haven't seen him since we got back, nobody has.

Not even once.

Phoebe genuinely doesn't know where he is, and I'm getting irritated and anxious as to where he might be.

Or who he might be with? My subconscious added.

"UGH" groaning, I frustratedly ran my fingers through my hair and laid my head on my knees. I am not this clingy. I refuse to be this clingy.

"Why? What's wrong sweetie?" Phoebe asked, instantly back on my side. "Are you in pain? Should I call Callysta?"

"No" I mumbled, still not looking up at her. I'm embarrassed at what she might think if she knew the thoughts running through my head.

"Then what's wrong?" She pressed, wanting to know what has gotten into me.

I swayed my head sideways not wanting to explain further.

Phoebe sighed, and was about to go out the room when she instantly stopped.

"If you feel cooped up, you can go for a swim if you want?" She offered and within an instant she caught my attention and I could already feel my mood lighten.

I looked up at Phoebe grinning like a lunatic, excited at the thought that I could possibly go for a swim.

But as soon as the thought registered in my mind, my grin faltered.

"Swim? You're not referring to river styx right?" I chuckled uneasily.

"Of course not silly! There are tons of places here to swim. But I can only allow you to go near the vicinity where it's guarded. We don't want you getting sucked into a waterhole" she explained nonchalantly.

"What do you mean by waterhole exactly..?"

"It's like water portals - they can transport you anywhere here at Hell through water. It's generally safe to use, but you don't really know the place, you might get lost"

"So how would I know if it's a waterhole?" I asked.

"It looks a whole lot like whirlpools... but sparklier"

"Huh, sparklier"

"Yup. You wouldn't miss it" Phoebe said as she went over to the closet. "The weather's nice today, you can wear your bikini"

"You say that as if I'm on a vacation at the beach"

"Well, it's hot here in hell as well, what's the difference?"

I rolled my eyes at her, there was no point in arguing with Phoebe once she sets her mind in something. I'll just wear a shirt and some swimming shorts over the bikini so that we both win.

She rummaged through the closet and tossed me a one piece red swimsuit. I was surprised she owned a one piece swimwear until I held the piece of clothing up and my jaw dropped. The swimsuit had multiple slits that made me think whether or not it can still be called a one piece.

"Are you for real Phoebs?"

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? I don't even have a clue how to wear this. This looks like it was ran through a shredder" I remarked as I poked my arm through one of the slits.

"That's what makes it so sexy. You'll look so hot in that Evie. Show hell how hot you can be" Phoebe said motioning her hands in an hourglass figure at my body and lifting her boobs a bit.