Chapter 14 - puzzle

Start from the beginning

"But I don't care what you want, I'm just gonna do what's right!" He added, right before he picked me up bridal style And started walking, not paying attention to any of my tantrums.

I just don't get it, these guys just pick me up and throw me over my shoulders like I weighed nothing! It's actually funny sometimes because they don't seem to feel anything.

It took around ten minutes before Jesse and I got to his house, and yes, before you ask, he was still carrying me like I was his bride. Anyways, his house was really breath taking, it wasn't that big, but it sure looked like a lot of money has been spent on it. Outside on the front lawn, there were two posh cars parked neatly, and inside, there was this huge lounge room that was covered in everything white; the furnitures, the carpet, the big ass tv, the painting, everything, even the tiles. And even though it was a bit too bright, I absolutely loved how perfect everything looked.

Just after Jesse put me down on one of the couches and disappeared to his bedroom, two people; a young, short girl and a much taller guy popped out of where I was assuming to be the kitchen, and by what I saw, there were just seconds away from strangling each other to death as they yelled and snapped at themselves. They were so lost in their heated argument that they didn't even notice me sitting in the lounge room and watching them argue like a bunch of amateurs.

"Who are they?" I Asked Jesse, who just returned from his bedroom with a first aid kit.

"My best friend; Marcus, and his girlfriend; Meghan" he replied, sounding rather unbothered about the two young adults that were at each other's throats.

"You do notice that they're about to kill each other any minute from now, right?"

"Yeah" he simply nodded, making me furrow my eyebrows out of confusion.

"Then Why aren't you doing anything about it?"

"Because these two are the kind of couple that will fight and almost kill each other, but make-out and have sex on the kitchen counter in the next minute. And when you ask what's wrong, they'll beat you up together!" He replied, making me burst into a fit of giggles at his words.

"I'm serious, they fight every single day, but twenty minutes after, you won't hear nothing but moans and screams coming from the kitchen, and what annoys me the most is that they can't seem to stay away from me! Everything happens in my house and in my kitchen!" He complained, looking really disgusted as he spoke, which made him look really cute.

I wish I had a smile like that!

"Your leg is ready to go!" Jesse said as he flashed me another smile after a few seconds. I looked at my leg and realized that it had already been bandaged. I was so lost in my conversation with Him that I didn't even notice.

"thank you so much!" I smiled back.

"It's nothing! Just be careful next time!" He said.

Honestly, I used to think Jesse was one of those badass boys, but he turned out to be the complete opposite. That's why I take the saying 'don't judge a book by its cover' very seriously, because it's so true and relevant.

"So, would you like some coffee?" He offered as he stood up from the couch.

"Is it scorching hot and black?" I Asked.