Chapter 2- The Green Kid and the Big-Headed Nerd

You approached the door and lightly wrapped your hand around the handle. You could feel your heart start to race, hearing students inside. This is going to be people's first impression of me, it has to be GOOD, you mentally lectured yourself.

You straightened up your back, took in a breath, and forced your arm to open the door. You then slowly stepped inside the classroom, to be oh so kindly greeted by your teacher, Ms. Bitters.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?! Oh, wait. You're that new kid aren't you?"

You nodded, still trying to look confident. And failing.

"Well then," she said turning towards the students "CLASS! This is the new student. She will be joining us for the rest of the year. Unfortunately."
She then turned back to you.
"Introduce yourself and NEVER speak again!"

You gulped and faced the tired,
bored eyes of your fellow classmates.

"Hello, my name is Y/N and I-"

"THATS ENOUGH! Now take a seat!"

You then saw the connection between her personality and her name.
You scanned the room to find a seat, but no luck. Every seat was already paired with its own sweaty butt.

"Uh, Ms. Bitters?" you said hesitantly.

Without you having to say anything else, she pointed at one of the kids. "YOU! You're being transferred to the underground classroom" And with that, she pushed a button on her desk.

You watched as the kid screamed and the desk was dropped into the floor, only to pop back up with no one on it.

"Now SIT" Ms. Bitters hissed.

Without questioning it, in fear you'd also be sent there, you walked over to what was now your desk.

You sat down, putting your bag beside your feet. You took a quick moment to get more familiar with your classroom.

You sat beside the window, giving you a good view of the same grey sky you had recently walked under.
You glanced down at your desk. It felt sticky and had messages and little patterns carved into it. There was also a single doodle of Ms. Bitters' head on a snake body. One of the notes read, HELP ME. Another saying, I REALLY HAVE TO PEEEEE! There was one other that read, TAK WAS HERE, but you had no idea who that was and wondered if they were also sent to the underground classroom.

You tried to listen to your teacher's lesson on how doomed the universe was, but you completely zoned out after the 5th DOOMED.

You got a strange feeling, like someone was watching you. You tried to shake it off, but it didn't go away. You grinned slightly at how strange and awkward it felt, and slowly turned your curious head towards the source.

Your darted your eyes away quickly once you caught a glimpse of who it was. It was a strange green kid sitting on the opposite side of the room. You slowly looked back only to see he was now looking down at his desk.

"Hey, new girl. It was Y/N right?"

You were slightly startled, hearing the sudden whisper from in front of you. You turned to be met with a kid with a big head, glasses, and a trench coat. He also had odd hair, which had just one piece that was slicked back.

I wonder how much gel it took to do that, you wondered jokingly.

"Yep that's me" You whispered back.

"I'm Dib. I see you've noticed Zim"

So that's what his name was

"Yeah, but I think he noticed me first"

"Listen, all you need to know about him is that he's an ALIEN, and he is trying to invade our planet! I would avoid him if I were you. Don't worry though, because I'm going to be the one to stop him!" Dib finished with a determined and prideful smile.

You were surprised by his words, having a hard time believing them. You had to admit though, there was some reasoning behind them. I mean, the kid was green! like, green, green; But you looked at him and thought for a moment. Should you really put judgement on someone you didn't even know, even if they looked...
really strange? He wasn't harming anyone. Plus, for all you knew, he could have some rare skin condition.

"Thanks Dib, but I'll decide that for myself"

"Whatever," Dib said, slightly disappointed "just don't come crying to me when you're probed"

With that, Dib turned back around and refocused on the 'lesson'.

You watched as Dib would every once in a while, check on Zim. Zim would just look at him and squint his eyes in annoyance.

Wow, this kid won't let up, you thought, watching them exchange angered looks.

Time seemed to move extremely slow as you watched the clock, pleading for the tiny, red hand to move faster. Your stomach was rumbling, thanks to a singe bite of toast being your only nourishment so far.

Ms. Bitters' voice echoed in your head with every passing second, making them even more excruciatingly painful.

"DOOMED, DOOMED, DOOMED, DOOMED, DO- "

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGG!*

OH THANK THE HEAVENS! You mentally screamed.

You practically jumped out your seat, packed up your things, and made your way out the classroom with the others.