A new bestfriend? - Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

"Well, yes, but... What I mean is for you to be here for me when they can't, like if I have a mental breakdown at home and they're not here to help me through it." I explained.

"Ah, I see. So like, a friend that will never leave your side?" Squippy asked for confirmation. " 'Squippy'?"

"Yeah, and just someone to help me live my life to its fullest." I continued.

"Alright, then, to be completely honest, my job shouldn't be all that difficult to fulfill." The Squip admitted.

I smiled a bit more and glanced down at my desk. "Oh, I have two questions."

"And I have two answers."

"How are you with math homework?" I asked.

The Squip smirked and let out an amused sigh. "I'm a supercomputer, (Y/n). I'm made of math." He answered with an eye roll.

"Okay, and, can you see and interact with other people's Squips?" I questioned.

"Yes, so if it seems that I'm talking to myself, I'm probably talking to another Squip."

I flopped on my bed face first. I turned on my side to look back at my new computer friend. "Well, in that case, today was certainly eventful." I chuckled.

"Yes indeed, I actually have another question for you, my hostess." The Squip began.

"And I bet I have another answer for you, my Tecno-Pal." I thought, mocking his words from before. 

"When you said: 'Living life to its fullest', what exactly did you mean by that? Like, do you wish for popularity and recognition at school?" He asked.

I sat up on my bed and looked directly at him. "Well, I never really cared much for that kind of stuff, but, I guess, yeah. Sure." I telepathically answered.

The Squip looked at my desk that had my math homework laid out on it. He glanced back at me and he held his chin as he lost himself in his thoughts.

"In that case, how about you go to sleep early- don't worry, I'll do your homework for you tonight, because I might have a lot of work to do." He said. The Squip then looked back at my desk's chair and glitched onto it.